Congratulations on your acceptance to Cornerstone University as a dual enroll student! As a dual enroll student, you may take up to two courses or seven credit hours per semester; the maximum amount of credits allowed for the duration of dual enrollment is 24 credit hours.
New Student Checklist
Now that you have been accepted to the university, follow these steps to finish the enrollment process:
- Review potential course options for the upcoming semester. Options will include 100-level courses and select 200-level courses. Math, English and foreign language classes require placement exams to be taken prior to registration.
- Complete the registration course preference form, choosing up to three-course selections. Courses will be assigned in the order of when the registration form was submitted. You will be notified of your course schedule via email and/or phone.
- Fall Semester Class Registration: Begins July 1.
- Spring Semester Class Registration: Begins Nov. 1 and ends Jan. 10.
- Sign the Release of All Claims form.
- Review FERPA policies.
- Register to attend Dual Enroll Orientation for the fall semester. The orientation is scheduled for Tuesday, Aug. 20, 2019, from 4 to 6 p.m.
Courses in some subject areas—English, Spanish and math—require additional exams and/or interviews to be completed prior to the opening of class registration. Exams may take up to an hour to complete. For more information, contact Admissions at 616.222.1426.
- English and Math: ACT/SAT scores may be required to register for these courses.
- Spanish: Placement exam and possible interview required.
Dual enrollment orientation will be held virtually on Tuesday, August 11 at 11:00 a.m. Registered students for Fall 2020 should check their email for more details.
Join Your Student Community
To help connect you with fellow accepted dual enroll students, we recommend you download the ZeeMee app! In our ZeeMee community, you can chat with other students, get answers to your questions about college life and watch live videos from current students at CU.