What to Know about Dual Enrollment

There are a lot of pieces involved in becoming a dual enroll student. That's why we're here to help walk you through the process! As you are thinking about applying for dual enrollment, take a look at the answers to some of our most frequently asked questions.

Admission and Registration

What is the difference between dual enrollment and dual credit?

Dual enrollment classes count exclusively toward future college credits. Dual credit enrollment means that a college course counts toward both high school graduation requirements and college credits. Approval for dual credit courses are often determined by Cornerstone University and your high school.

Do I need to be admitted to Cornerstone to take a dual enroll course?

Yes, we require all interested students to meet our dual enrollment admission requirements.

Are foreign exchange students able to dual enroll?

Foreign exchange students studying at a high school under a F-1 visa are eligible to apply for dual enroll courses. Please discuss options with your high school counselor prior to applying to Cornerstone.

Where do I send my required documents?

You can send required documents to your admissions counselor or directly to the Admissions Office at admissions@cornerstone.edu. Please use the subject line "Dual Enroll Application for [Your Name]" if you choose to email your documents.

How many dual enroll courses can I take per semester?

You may take two courses, or up to 7 credits, each fall or spring semester. Dual enrollment students can also take one course each summer.

Can I enroll in a dual course and take an AP test exam?

Yes, you can!

Do I need to take a placement test?

Some courses require a certain G.P.A., pre-requisite course or placement exam to qualify you for a seat. Courses that may require a placement test, ACT/SAT test score or transcript G.P.A. include English, math and Spanish classes.

Contact your admissions counselor to find out if the course you are interested in requires a placement test.

Where do I register for dual enrollment courses at Cornerstone?

Right here, on our website! Once you are accepted, you can request to enroll in a Cornerstone course in a matter of minutes using our dual enrollment registration preference form.

Do I have an orientation?

Dual enroll students are expected to attend orientation for their first enrolled semester at CU. Orientation dates can be found on the dual enrollment webpage.

What is my status at CU when I register for dual enrollment?

Dual enrollment students are admitted as non-degree seeking.

Cost and Billing

What is the cost of dual enrollment classes?

Tuition is $191 per credit hour for fall and spring courses, and participation in the program also requires payment of a $35 technology fee. Other fees—including the cost of books—may apply depending on the course(s) you enroll in. Summer online courses carry a tuition of $375 per credit hour, and no technology fee is required.

Do I qualify for financial aid as a dual enroll student?

Dual enroll students do not qualify for financial aid.

How does the billing process work?

All students must have approval from their school to be dually enrolled at Cornerstone (including homeschool students). Once approval is given, bills are sent from our office to your school. However, it is ultimately up to the student to ensure that the bill is paid. Be sure to communicate with your school to find out whether or not you will be responsible for paying or if your school will cover the cost of your dual enrollment courses.

Transferring Credits

How do college credits transfer?

For dual enrollment students looking to transfer credits from another college to Cornerstone, you will need to contact our Registrar's Office for a final decision on whether the credits will transfer.

For students interested in how credits from Cornerstone will transfer to another institution, you will need to contact the college where you are seeking to transfer credits to. Every institution is different, so it is your responsibility as the student to confirm how your CU credits transfer to other colleges. We recommend contacting your desired transfer college's registrar.

For more information regarding transfer credits, visit our transfer credits page.

Contact Information

Who do I talk to if I have questions about dual enrollment or classes?

For general dual enroll questions and to learn more about the program, contact Care Allen, assistant director of early college programs. To begin your dual enroll process or ask course-related questions, contact your admissions counselor.