As an adult with experience in the workplace, you bring a wealth of professional and personal experience with you as you embark on your educational journey. However, we know that many adult students appreciate a refresher on academic topics like APA formatting, paper structure and math equations to help with the transition into higher education.
Here are several resources Cornerstone University offers to help you succeed in earning your degree and advancing as a professional.
Resources for Adult Learners
Cornerstone offers a variety of hands-on workshops and has compiled a list of resources to help you achieve your educational goals. These resources are designed to assist adult students like you throughout each stage of the learning process.
Bring your APA Style, grammar or general writing questions to an upcoming Writing Lab. These free, hands-on workshops offer concise, practical tips to help you improve and clarify your writing as an undergraduate or graduate student.
Writing Labs are offered for enrolled students in Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo and Lansing. Online lab sessions are also available.
Improve your knowledge of Excel for application in math, statistics, accounting or finance courses. Our free Basic Excel Lab shows you how to write formulas, format spreadsheets, create charts, sort workbooks and work with pivot tables.
Basic Excel Labs are offered for enrolled students in Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo and Lansing. Online lab sessions are also available.
As an enrolled student, you'll have access to NetTutor, a free online, on-demand tutoring service. It offers live one-on-one tutoring in a wide variety of subjects such as accounting, economics, finance, math, statistics and writing.
In addition, NetTutor offers Paper Center, a place where you can upload writing samples and receive feedback within 48 hours.
As a Professional & Graduate Studies student, you will have full access to Miller Library for all your research needs and contact information for a library liaison dedicated to working with adult learners like you.
Our accessible librarians offer reference services for both on-campus and off-site patrons. And partnerships with peer institutions allow you to use InterLibrary Loan resources not immediately available in our catalog.
Microsoft Office 365
Enrolled students have access to a free version of Microsoft Office 365, which includes software such as Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- APA Style offers learning resources and answers to FAQs about how to follow APA guidelines.
- Logos Bible Software has a variety of biblical study aides and cross-reference tools. Bachelor of Science in Ministry Leadership students will receive a more advanced copy as part of their program.
- Khan Academy offers training videos, student forums and quizzes that allow you to assess your progress in a variety of subjects such as math, science, economics, finance, writing and computing.
- Purdue Online Writing Lab details how to cite sources, understand plagiarism and utilize APA Style.
- Purplemath gives access to easy lessons for a variety of difficult mathematical problems.