As an adult with experience in the workplace, you bring a wealth of professional and personal experience with you as you embark on your educational journey. However, we know that you may appreciate a refresher on academic topics like APA Style, paper structure and math equations to help with the transition to higher education.
Cornerstone University's Professional & Graduate Studies division offers hands-on workshops and online resources to help you succeed in earning your degree, advancing as a professional and achieving your educational goals.
The writing resources we offer are designed to help you improve as a writer and understand the expectations and nuances of APA Style. From tips on thesis statements to content outlines, we partner with you to maximize your learning experience as an adult student.
- Writing Workshops are free, hands-on workshops that offer concise, practical tips to help you clarify your writing, implement APA Style, format in-text citations and review key points of grammar. Writing Workshops are offered for enrolled Cornerstone students in Grand Rapids. Online sessions are also available.
- Whether you choose to enroll as an on-campus or online student, you'll receive full access to Miller Library and our PGS librarian liaison. Our accessible librarians offer reference services for both on-campus and off-site patrons. And partnerships with peer institutions allow you to use InterLibrary Loan resources not immediately available in our library's catalog.
- Purdue Online Writing Lab details how to cite sources, understand plagiarism and utilize APA Style.
Our free Basic Excel Workshops show you how to write formulas, format spreadsheets, create charts, sort workbooks and work with pivot tables. These Basic Excel Workshops are offered online for enrolled Cornerstone students.
In addition, enrolled students receive access to a free version of Microsoft Office 365. This ensures that you have up-to-date versions of software such as Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
Enrolled Cornerstone students receive access to NetTutor, a free online, on-demand tutoring service. NetTutor offers live one-on-one tutoring in a wide variety of subjects such as accounting, economics, finance, math, statistics and writing. In addition, NetTutor offers Paper Center, a place where you can upload writing samples and receive feedback within 48 hours.
- Enrolled PGS students have access to 24/7 support for our online learning management system (Moodle).
- Enrolled students have access to the PGS Student Resources folder within Moodle. This folder includes how-to tutorials and documents which teach you the mechanics of how to navigate our systems (such as Moodle) and other skills you'll need as a PGS student.
- Bachelor of Science in Ministry Leadership students receive a more advanced copy of the Logos Bible Software as part of their program.
- Khan Academy offers training videos, student forums and quizzes that allow you to assess your progress in a variety of subjects such as math, science, economics, finance, writing and computing.