More than international travel experience, an off-campus semester connects you with cultures, scholars and Christians around the world. From immersive international programs to unique opportunities in our nation's leading cities, off-campus opportunities offer valuable, life-changing educational experiences.
At Cornerstone University, we believe a cross-cultural study trip that occurs in a Christian context and is motivated by a Christian worldview is the most meaningful kind of semester-abroad experience. That's why we give priority in financial aid support and student selection to cross-cultural programs that share our Christian mission and educational perspective.
Ready to explore the world for yourself as a college student? Cornerstone partners with many international and domestic programs, including BestSemester of the Council for Christian Colleges and Universities, Veritas and other independent programs.
- Australia Studies Centre | Brisbane, Australia
- Universidade do Sul de Santa Catarina | Florianopolis, Brazil
- Chicago Semester | Chicago, Ill.
- Pontificia Universidad Católica de Valparaíso | Valparaíso, Chile
- Latin American Studies Program | Costa Rica
- Ecuador Semester | Quito, Ecuador
- University of Roehampton | London, England
- Scholars' Semester in Oxford | Oxford, England
- Oxford Study Abroad Programme | Oxford, England
- Institut Catholique de Paris | Paris, France
- The American University of Rome | Rome, Italy
- Irish Studies | Belfast, Northern Ireland
- Jerusalem University College | Jerusalem, Israel
- LCC International University | Klaipėda, Lithuania
- L.A. Film Studies Center | Los Angeles, California
- Middle East Studies Program | Amman, Jordan
- The Contemporary Music Center | Nashville, Tenn.
- Christelijke Hogeschool Ede | Ede, Netherlands
- Universidad de Salamanca Cursos Internacionales en Cusco | Cusco, Peru
- University of Cape Town | Cape Town, South Africa
- Handong Global University | Handong, South Korea
- Korea University | Seoul, South Korea
- ISA Study Center With Universidad Internacional Menéndez Pelayo | Sevilla, Spain
- Semester in Spain | Seville, Spain
- Uganda Studies Program | Mukono, Uganda
- American Studies Program | Washington, D.C.
Before you start making your packing list for an off-campus study experience, complete the application process for your program of choice. Applicants must have a 2.5 G.P.A. or higher.
- Research the CU-approved, off-campus programs and select one that best suits your academic, professional and personal goals.
- Attend an informational session about off-campus programs. For more information, email Emily Gratson.
- Submit your completed Off-Campus Semester Program application to Cornerstone's Associate Dean of Assessment and Student Success. This application is available to enrolled students via the university's student portal.
- Complete a program-specific application by the deadline specified on the program's website.
Finances and Scholarships
Because off-campus study can be a valuable part of a college education, Cornerstone awards a limited number of scholarships for off-campus semester study opportunities. When you submit your off-campus semester application, you are automatically considered for off-campus semester study scholarships offered through Cornerstone.
If approved to study off-campus, you will be able to apply all federal and/or state aid or loans toward your off-campus semester study program. All institutional aid from Cornerstone does not apply.
More Cost Information
- Students will pay a technology fee to Cornerstone in addition to the study abroad program costs.
- Payment plans are not available for off-campus programs. Payment in full is due by May 1 for summer programs, Aug. 1 for fall programs and Jan. 1 for spring programs.
- Employee remission may not be used to cover study abroad programs.