The admissions process for international students is slightly different than for citizens of the United States. In order to complete the admissions process, a student must complete the following steps:
Apply to Cornerstone University here, using the Adult and Graduate Application. Submit all other supporting documents as required by your program requirements, and as directed by your Enrollment Representative.
If you are not a U.S. citizen, please send a copy of your citizenship documents to the PGS office.
College and University level transcripts must be evaluated and converted to USA equivalents. Cornerstone recommends Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc. You can contact ECE through their website.
TOEFL or IELTS Examination Scores
International students who are not lifetime residents of Australia, Canada (other than Quebec), New Zealand, the United Kingdom or the United States (other than Puerto Rico) must demonstrate their English language proficiency by submitting Test of English as a Foreign Language scores. The TOEFL or IELTS must be taken within one year of the admission application date. A copy of your TOEFL or IELTS test scores must be submitted to the PGS office.
Minimum required scores:
- Associate and Bachelor Degree Programs - 550 (paper-based test), 213 (computer-based test), 79-80 (internet-based test), or a minimum IELTS score of 6.5
- Master Degree Programs - 577 (paper-based test), 233 (computer-based test), 90-91 (internet-based test), or a minimum IELTS score of 7.0
Click here to register for the TOEFL, or mail: TOEFL, P.O. Box 6154, Princeton, N.J. 80541-6154, USA. The TOEFL institution code is 1253.
Click here for more information about the IELTS test. More information can be obtained from IELTS International, 825 Colorado Blvd, Suite 112, Los Angeles, CA 90041
Affidavit of Support Form
As part of the application process, the affidavit of support form serves as evidence of your financial support through the date you expect to complete your degree. You will also need to submit letters of support from each contributing organization or individual. In addition, each supporter will need to submit 3 months of bank statements demonstrating their ability to meet their commitment. Bank statements should be from the 3 most recent months. Financial aid is only available to US citizens.
After you have been accepted, we will send you a Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant Student Status. This form is more commonly called the I-20. You can then apply for your student visa at your country's consulate offices. You will need the following documents in addition to the I-20:
- a valid passport, which must be valid six months past the last date you expect to be in the USA (your expected time of graduation);
- proof of sufficient finances, which includes your
- completed student financial support form
- letters of support from each supporter
- copies of bank statements verifying that those funds are available
- proof of English proficiency, which may be either citizenship in an English-speaking country or TOEFL scores.
For more information, contact the PGS Admissions office through email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 800.947.2382.