Making the transition easier.

Cornerstone University will accept transfer credit from the following types of institutions:

  • Cornerstone agrees to participate in the Michigan Transfer Agreement as a receiving institution. For more information, visit or contact PGS' Admissions Office at 800.947.2382.
  • All regionally accredited institutions.
  • All Accrediting Association of Bible Colleges accredited institutions or institutions with a G listing or higher in the AACRAO Information Bulletin.
  • Non-accredited institutions, if those institutions supply three letters of acceptance from regionally accredited institutions to the Registrar's Office.
  • Credits from non-accredited institutions are limited as follows:
    • 75 semester hours from a four-year institution
    • 62 semester hours from a three-year institution
    • 40 semester hours from a two-year institution
    • 25 semester hours from a one-year institution
    • 30 semester hours in practical nursing
  • The following non-accredited institutions due to the nature of their relationship to Cornerstone: Bob Jones University, Grand Rapids School of Bible and Music, Spurgeon Baptist College and Word of Life Bible Institute.

Transfer credit will not be given for remedial or non-college level work or for any course in which a grade lower than a C- (1.7) was received. G.P.A. does not transfer with the credit transferred. No course work will transfer as upper level (300-400) unless the course is designated as such from the originating institution. Recommendations for credit as written in published guides by the American Council on Education will be recognized and accepted as transfer credit. Credit transferred from schools that are on a quarter system will be transferred as .66 (2/3) semester hours for every quarter hour.

If a student wishes to take a course at another institution after transcript evaluation is complete, he/she should contact a Professional & Graduate Studies academic adviser and complete a Guest Application/Transfer Credit Pre-Approval form before the beginning of the class in order to verify the acceptance of these courses.

Course Duplication

If you meet the transfer course requirements, you can replace up to two courses (eight credit hours) in an associate or bachelor's program. In a graduate program, you can transfer in a maximum of six credit hours of 500 or higher course numbers. You'll have a break in your program when your transferred course(s) replaces a scheduled course.

Transferred course(s) must have been completed before attending Cornerstone and duplicate an existing course in your current degree program or meet a general education requirement in your associate program. Graduate courses must have been taken within the last seven years.

Available Course Transfer Guides and Program Guides

Cornerstone University's Professional & Graduate Studies division has partnered with local community colleges to make your transition from a two-year institution to Cornerstone smooth and seamless.

You can view the course transfer guides and program guides with our partnering schools below.

Grand Rapids Community College

Kalamazoo Valley Community College

Montcalm Community College

Muskegon Community College

International Credits

The evaluation of foreign educational credentials for possible transfer credit to Cornerstone must be evaluated by an outside agency. For more information and to see other requirements unique to international students, visit our international applicants page