We are delighted that you have decided to apply to Grand Rapids Theological Seminary! GRTS admits qualified persons without regard to denomination or association, race, national or ethnic origin, age, gender or physical ability.
We accept applications throughout the year. The best time to apply is 3-6 months before your desired start date; we offer entry in the fall, spring, or summer semesters. Keep in mind that it can take several weeks for your references to complete the reference form and for your registrar office(s) to send us your official transcripts. All applications must be completed before the semester begins.
Select Your Application
- If you're a new student seeking to complete a degree at Grand Rapids Theological Seminary, submit the Main Application.
- If you're a non-degree seeking student interested in taking four classes or less, complete the Non-Degree Application.
Please Note: This includes students interested in auditing a class or taking a class to transfer to another institution. Only applicants seeking to take classes for credit need to submit transcripts.
- If you're a previous student interested in returning to Grand Rapids Theological Seminary, choose the Re-Admit Application. If it has been more than three semesters since you've attended GRTS, please complete the Main Application.
- If you're an international student, please note that the application process requires additional steps, such as obtaining a student visa. Visit our International Students page for more information.
Admission Process Checklist
- Apply now. For us to consider your application, you must hold a bachelor's degree from an accredited undergraduate institution, have a minimum 2.5 cumulative undergraduate G.P.A., and affirm the Cornerstone Confession.
- Submit your transcripts. Contact the Registrar's office of your former undergraduate and graduate institution(s) to request that your current or final official transcript(s) be mailed to:
Grand Rapids Theological Seminary
1001 E Beltline Ave NE
Grand Rapids, MI 49525
- Follow up with your references. Notify your personal and ministry references that GRTS Admissions will be emailing them a link to the following electronic reference forms:
The GRTS Admissions team looks forward to serving you throughout the admission and enrollment processes. If you have questions or to request paper copies of the admission forms indicated above, please email us or contact us by phone at 1.800.697.1133.