Dr. Brian Hazeltine is a special appointment faculty of interdisciplinary studies for Cornerstone University's Professional & Graduate Studies division. He teaches graduate courses in education and leadership. Dr. Hazeltine has over 35 years of experience in education in teaching and administration, and currently serves as the superintendent, principal and academic dean for Algoma Christian Schools.
"Teachers change the world! Like the ripples from a stone thrown into a pond, the effects go in all directions forever. One never knows how one lesson, one illustration, one email or one conversation may impact a life for eternity. This is especially true teaching at Cornerstone, where we can share about the values and beliefs that are central to our existence as human beings: Christ as Lord."
Hazeltine is the founder and former principal of Airdrie Koinonia Christian School in Airdrie, Alberta, Canada. He followed God's call in his life and established this school in 1987 to integrate a student-centered curriculum with an influential Christian foundation.
- Co-authored the article "The Extent and Nature of Bullying in a Christian School" with David A. Hernandez (Journal of Educational Research and Practice, 2015)
Licenses, Memberships and Recognitions
- Teaching certificates from Saskatchewan, Alberta and Michigan
- Lifetime certificate from ACSI of All-Levels Principal
- Certificate from Briarcrest Bible College
- Ed.D., Walden University
- M.A., Grace Theological Seminary
- B.Ed., University of Saskatchewan
—Playing guitar, piano and drums
—Christian Philosophy of Education
—Christian School Finance
—Bullying in Christian Schools