Professor of Linguistics and Humanities Division Chair (Traditional Undergraduate); Professor of Linguistics and Director of M.A. TESOL Program (Professional & Graduate Studies)
Traditional Undergrad Academics - Humanities ...more
Dr. Michael Pasquale is Chair of the Humanities Division and Professor of Linguistics at Cornerstone University. He also serves as a consultant for mission organizations and local churches providing training in Europe, Asia, South America and North America.
He has been a member of the Michigan State Board of Education World Language Standards Development Committee (ESL & Spanish) and is also a member of TESOL and Michigan TESOL.
Dr. Pasquale is also the co-editor of the International Journal for Christianity and English Language Teaching.
- Provost's Teaching Excellence Award, 2007
- Pasquale, M., & Bierma, N. L. K. (2011). Every tribe and tongue: A biblical vision for language in society. Eugene, OR: Wipf and Stock Publishers.
- Pasquale, M. D. (2011). An ESL ministry handbook. Grand Rapids, MI: Credo House Publishers.
In the News
- Wallner, P. J. (2016, April 5). "Cornerstone Professor, A Big Tigers Fan, Helps Team's International Players."
- Ph.D. in Linguistics, Michigan State University
- M.A. in Linguistics, Michigan State University
- B.A. in International Studies, Cedarville University
- Taking walks with his family
- Watching the Detroit Tigers
- Interaction between sociolinguistics and second language acquisition
- Folk linguistics of second language acquisition, studying the beliefs of teachers and students concerning the language learning process
- Language policy in relation to English language teaching