Our world needs Christ-centered influencers, professionals and social workers. A major in social work empowers you, as a follower of Jesus, to become a competent, ethical and professional entry-level social worker who is confident in your ability to both engage diverse populations in local and global settings and pursue graduate education.
Qualities for Career Success
Cornerstone University's academic programs reflect our commitment to develop your knowledge, skills and attitudes in five distinct yet interconnected areas: specialized knowledge, applied knowledge and collaborative learning, intellectual skills, civic and global learning and biblical worldview integration.
This means that successful completion of our Bachelor of Social Work degree program equips you to:
- Apply your knowledge to address real-life problems by learning about and demonstrating proficiency in:
- Values and Ethics
- Human behavior in the social environment
- Your ability to apply social work practice skills in areas of engagement, assessment, planning, intervention, evaluation and termination for individuals, groups and communities.
- Analyze, formulate and advocate for policies that advance social well-being.
- Develop your intellectual skills by demonstrating proficiency in:
- Understanding and working in various contexts that shape practice.
- Honing your critical thinking skills.
- Participate in civic and global engagement by demonstrating proficiency in:
- Policy analysis.
- Understanding and advocating for social and economic justice.
- Articulate a Christ-centered worldview and its personal, professional and communal embodiment through Christian virtues and the integration of social work practice and faith.