Get started on your college courses early by taking dual enrollment classes at Cornerstone University. Here, you'll experience smaller class sizes, professors who really want to get to know you and classmates who share your love for Jesus.
We make our courses available to high school juniors and seniors at a competitive cost that is similar to local community colleges.
Our Dual Enrollment Program is open to high school juniors and seniors. To apply for acceptance as a dual enrollment student, complete these steps:
- Complete a free online application. Returning dual enroll students do not need to reapply.
- Fall Semester Acceptance Deadline: Aug. 5
- Spring Semester Acceptance Deadline: Jan. 5
- Send us your high school transcript (3.0 cumulative G.P.A. or higher is required).
Program Cost Information
Tuition is $191 per credit hour and participation in the program also requires payment of a $35 technology fee. Other fees—including the cost of books—may apply depending on the course(s) you enroll in.
For Accepted Dual Enroll Students
Congratulations on your acceptance to Cornerstone as a dual enroll student! As a dual enroll student, you may take up to two courses or seven credit hours per semester; the maximum amount of credits allowed for the duration of dual enrollment is 24 credit hours.
Now that you have been accepted to the university, follow these steps to finish the enrollment process:
- Review potential class options for the upcoming semester. Class options will include 100-level courses and select 200-level courses. Math and foreign language classes require placement exams to be taken prior to registration.
- Complete the registration class preference form, choosing up to three-course selections. Classes will be assigned in the order of when the registration form was submitted. You will be notified of your class schedule via email and/or phone.
- Fall Semester Class Registration: Begins July 1.
- Spring Semester Class Registration: Begins Dec. 1.
- Sign the Release of All Claims form.
- Register to attend Dual Enroll Orientation for the spring semester. The orientation is scheduled for Tuesday, Jan. 8, 2019, from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Classes in some subject areas—English, Spanish and math—require additional exams and/or interviews to be completed prior to the opening of class registration. Exams may take up to an hour to complete.
- English: ACT/SAT scores must be submitted.
- Math: Placement exam required.*
- Spanish: Placement exam and possible interview required.
*Stay tuned for more details on upcoming math placement exam dates. Registration is required. You can also review a study guide for the exam.