Get started on your college courses early by taking dual enrollment classes at Cornerstone University. Here, you'll experience smaller class sizes, professors who really want to get to know you and classmates who share your love for Jesus.
We make our courses available to high school juniors and seniors at a competitive cost that is similar to local community colleges.
Our Dual Enrollment Program is open to high school juniors and seniors. To apply for acceptance as a dual enrollment student, complete these steps:
- Complete a free online application. Returning dual enroll students do not need to reapply.
- Fall Semester Acceptance Deadline: Aug. 5
- Spring Semester Acceptance Deadline: Jan. 5
- Summer Online Semester Acceptance Deadline: May 20
- Send us your high school transcript (3.0 cumulative G.P.A. or higher is required).
Program Cost Information
Tuition is $191 per credit hour and participation in the program also requires payment of a $35 technology fee. Other fees—including the cost of books—may apply depending on the course(s) you enroll in.
For Accepted Dual Enroll Students
Congratulations on your acceptance to Cornerstone as a dual enroll student! As a dual enroll student, you may take up to two courses or seven credit hours per semester; the maximum amount of credits allowed for the duration of dual enrollment is 24 credit hours.
Now that you have been accepted to the university, follow these steps to finish the enrollment process:
- Review potential class options for the upcoming semester. Class options will include 100-level courses and select 200-level courses. Math, English and foreign language classes require placement exams to be taken prior to registration.
- Choose up to three course options to complete registration class preference form. Requesting a course does not guarantee placement. Class placement is subject to the order in which your form was submitted and seat availability. You will be notified of your class schedule via email and/or phone.
- Fall Semester Class Registration: Begins July 1.
- Spring Semester Class Registration: Begins Dec. 1.
- Sign the Release of All Claims form.
- Register to attend Dual Enroll Orientation for the fall semester. The orientation is scheduled for Tuesday, August 20 2019, from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Classes in some subject areas—English, Spanish and math—require additional exams and/or interviews to be completed prior to the opening of class registration. Exams may take up to an hour to complete. For more information, contact Admissions at 616.222.1426.
- English & Math : ACT/SAT scores may be required to register for these classes.
- Spanish: Placement exam and possible interview required.
- Register for Fall 2019 Orientation | Tues., Aug. 20 from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Join Your Student Community
To help connect you with fellow accepted dual enroll students, we recommend you download the ZeeMee app! In our ZeeMee community, you can chat with other students, get answers to your questions about college life and watch live videos from current students at CU.
For High School Counselors and Staff
Cornerstone offers high school and homeschool networks the opportunity to partner with us to create a specific program that meets the needs of your students. On-site partnership programs are all unique. A partnership with CU provides you with the opportunity to develop a culture of early college amongst your students and help them gain access to post-secondary education earlier.
Southfield Christian High School Partnership
- In partnership for five consecutive years.
- Offer two dual credit courses (students receive high school and college credits).
- On-site at Southfield Christian campus.
- Taught by certified Southfield Christian teachers.
- Approximately 125 students have completed dual enrollment course work through this partnership.