What to Know as an International Student

There can be many steps involved when it comes to studying internationally, but you don't need to stress. We are here to guide you through them. As you consider attending Cornerstone University, take a look at the questions and answers below.

Admission and Registration

How do I send my transcripts to Cornerstone?

Transcripts can be sent to us by email (admissions@cornerstone.edu), fax or postal mail (1001 E Beltline Ave NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49525).

Do I need to take the ACT or SAT?

No, it is not required for you to take the ACT or SAT if you are an international student. However, test scores are required in order to be considered for academic scholarships. If you would like to be considered for an academic scholarship then you will need to set up a time to take one of the tests. View the ACT or SAT websites for more information about testing near you.

Do you accept AP or IB test scores?

Yes, we do accept AP and IB test scores. Please see the course equivalencies for more details.

What are the student-teacher ratios for classes?

Our student-teacher ratio is about 17 to 1. By teaching smaller class sizes, our professors can give you personal attention to genuinely understand the skills and concepts that will contribute to your professional success.

How do I register for classes?

After you have been admitted, you will be able to register for your CU classes.

Is there public transportation I can take to class?

The city of Grand Rapids offers public transportation through The Rapid. Tickets, schedules and bus stop locations are available on The Rapid's website.

Costs and Billing

Are there opportunities for financial aid?

Yes! Because we believe in the value of a Christ-centered education, Cornerstone offers scholarships and grants to reduce college costs. Some CU scholarships may require ACT to SAT scores to qualify.

Do you offer athletic scholarships?

CU offers 18 varsity sports as well as JV options to student-athletes. Student-athletes must complete a recruitment form to be considered for athletic scholarships.

How does student employment work?

International students are allowed to work on campus as student employees. Off-campus employment is permitted after your first year of enrollment. This employment must be endorsed by the international student advisor as curricular practical training and must be directly related to a student's course of study.

High School Exchange Students

Are foreign exchange students able to dual enroll?

Foreign exchange students studying at a high school under an F-1 visa are eligible to apply for dual enroll courses. Please discuss options with your high school counselor prior to applying to Cornerstone. More details about our dual enrollment programs are available on our Dual Enrollment program page.