Cornerstone University and Grand Rapids Theological Seminary alumni from our classes of 2010-2018 are excelling as influencers in our world for Christ, His church and His kingdom. Here, we've compiled news of personal accomplishments, publications and employment updates sent to the Alumni Relations Office by your classmates.
- Scott Mason (B.S. ’12) received his Master of Organizational Leadership (Organizational Development and Consulting) from Regent University in 2014.
- Christina Woolard (B.A. ’12) received her Master of Fine Arts in Stage Management from Rutgers University in 2017.
- Kori (Kauffman, B.A. ’15, M.B.A. ’17) Thompson received her Master in Business Administration in 2017 from Cornerstone University.
Employment and Ministry Updates
- Nathan Pierce (B.A. ’10, M.B.A ’15) is currently working as an account executive for CSI Medical, located in Gallatin, Tenn.
- Kory Chesser (B.S. ’11) assumed the duties of lead pastor at Faith Wesleyan Church in Midland, Mich. He and his wife, Linda, currently live in Midland, Mich.
- Loralett (Herbert, M.A. ’11) Lyons currently serves as a customer contact representative at the Potters House of Dallas. Loralett is a member of the Potters House Choir, sings with the gospel group CM3 and is an alternative singer with the Dallas House of Blues Gospel Brunch.
- Chuck Gaidica (M.A. ’13) currently serves as the executive director of Hilltop Church of the Nazarene in Northville, Mich.
- Josh McKenna (B.S. ’13) works as an application sales engineer for Align Production Systems in Detroit, Mich.
- Ashley (VanderGeld, B.S. ’14) Giovannucci currently serves as the local program producer for the Maranda Show at WOOD TV8 in Grand Rapids, Mich.
- Max Spoelstra (B.S. ’16) currently serves as the student ministries pastor at CrossPointe Community Church in Hudsonville, Mich.
- L.A. (Lyles, B.A. ’11) and Mark Carr were married on Aug. 17, 2017.
- Stephanie (Rose, B.A. ’12) and Zachary Chapman were married on Nov. 5, 2016.
- John Koehler (B.S. ’16) and Michaela Kella were married on June 3, 2016.
- Jordan (Van Dyke, B.S. ’17) and Matthew Grooters were married on June 2, 2017.
- Matt (B.A ’10, M.S. ’13) and Caitlin (Whitman, B.A. ’12) Haller celebrate the birth of their daughter, Phoebe Elise, born on Dec. 29, 2017.
- Amy (Vander Bent, B.S. ’10) Rachac and her husband John celebrate the birth of their children, Chase David, born on March 9, 2016, and Graham Cristopher, born on Dec. 18, 2017.
- Anne (Veltema, M.S. ’11) Gaertner and her husband Eric announce the birth of their son, Keegan Neal, born on Nov. 9, 2016.
- Nicole (Erler, B.A. ’11) Kantz and her husband, Kyle, celebrate the birth of their daughter, Avery Mae, born on April 25, 2017.
- Sharon (Stevens, B.A. ’11, M.A. ’14) Newhouse and her husband, Tucker, celebrate the birth of their son, Reagan J., born on Dec. 18, 2016.
- Josh (B.S. ’11) and Alyssa (Morrow, B.S. ’11) Thayer announce the birth of their twin daughters, Madison Nicole and Mackenzie Lynn, born on May 28, 2017.
- Faith (Hepler, B.A. ’12) Ganchua and her husband, Randell, celebrate the birth of their son, Zebedee Aaron, born on April 8, 2017.
- Russell Gehrlein (M.A. ’15) published his first book entitled "Immanuel Labor—God's Presence in Our Profession: A Biblical, Theological, and Practical Approach to the Doctrine of Work" on Feb. 28, 2018. Russ has spent the last ten years working as a Department of the Army civilian at Fort Leonard Wood. He and his wife Linda live in Rolla, Mo.
Photos from Alumni
Matt and Caitlin (Whitman) Haller's daughter Phoebe
Kory Chesser and family
Jordan (Van Dyke) and Matthew Grooters
Nicole (Erler), Kyle and Avery Kantz
Alyssa (Morrow), Josh, Madison and Mackenzie Thayer
Stephanie (Rose) and Zachary Chapman
Faith (Hepler), Randell and Zebedee Ganchua
Ashley (VanderGeld) Giovannucci