Cornerstone University to Host the Global Leadership Summit
Cornerstone University and Kentwood Community Church invite you to attend a live-stream of Willow Creek Association’s Global Leadership Summit on August 11 and 12. This two-day leadership development event, originating from suburban Chicago, will feature speakers including Melinda Gates, Alan Mulally, Bill Hybels, John C. Maxwell and more.
For 20 years, the Global Leadership Summit (TGLS) has been actively inspiring and developing Christian leaders around the world. In fact, the Summit and every other endeavor of the Willow Creek Association (WCA), centers around a singular idea—that inspired, encouraged and equipped Christian leaders create thriving communities and organizations.
Chip Huber, associate vice president for Student Development and director of Athletics, has been attending the event since its onset and has played a key role in organizing the event on Cornerstone’s campus.
“The Global Leadership Summit has real potential to positively impact leaders in our community and in the Greater Grand Rapids area,” said Huber. “Here at Cornerstone, we believe in developing leaders that will have a positive impact in our world.”
How exactly does this event aid in the development and advancement of leaders? Responses from repeat participants in TGLS indicate that the event has a positive effect in several areas critical to an ongoing presence of courageous, dedicated and skillful leaders. A sampling of attendee feedback is included below.
- The Global Leadership Summit sustains and inspires leaders.
- 96% said that they gained the courage to lead amidst opposition while at the Summit.
- 10% said “they would have quit their leadership position without inspiration from TGLS speakers to persevere.”
- The Global Leadership Summit catalyzes new leaders.
- Amazingly, 19% of U.S. attendees believe they do not lead anyone. Yet, the percentage drops significantly with attendees that return year after year suggesting that an ongoing involvement with TGLS enables people to discover the leader within.
- 28% of attendees were inspired to start new leadership roles.
- 87% of those reported feeling a “greater sense of significance and satisfaction” in the new work or volunteer position.
- The Global Leadership Summit develops and equips leaders.
- 65% of repeat participants had taught, on average, 68 other people over the past two years about leadership.
- 81% of attendees cited concrete ways their supervisor had become a better leader as a result of TGLS.
The Global Leadership Summit will be telecast live in HD from Willow’s campus near Chicago to over 450 host sites across the nation. The sessions will take place on Cornerstone’s campus from 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. on Aug. 11-12. Early Bird pricing ends June 28.