Dr. Tonya Fountain is a special appointment faculty member of Cornerstone University's Professional & Graduate Studies division. She teaches and develops courses for the Business Division in areas such as management, leadership and organizational behavior and is responsible for developing two courses in the Ed.D. program.
"We are all put on this earth to make a difference, and, as a Christian, my difference comes by advancing the message of Christ. Teaching at Cornerstone allows me the opportunity to influence new and emerging leaders by sharing the Gospel of Christ and its implications in the workplace. Teaching also allows me to share practical application of important business concepts, processes and practices which help to shape and develop organizational decision makers."
Dr. Fountain is the co-founder of Diversity Lansing and Alliance for Equity and Inclusion. These organizations seek to create partnerships that enhance communities through strengthening organizations, improving cultural awareness and promoting the equity, inclusion and social justice in communities. She is also the corporate training and employee development manager at Michigan Farm Bureau. With her vast experience in organizational development, she serves her community and students with passion.
Licenses, Memberships and Recognitions
- Secretary for Board of Directors, Erickson Learning Foundation
- Co-founder of Diversity Lansing and Alliance for Equity and Inclusion
- Advisory Board Member, Diversity Lansing
- Past President of the Board of Directors, Diversity Director and Community Relationships and Sponsorship Director for the Greater Lansing Society of Human Resources Management
- Member of Board of Directors for Capital Quality and Innovation
- Youth Director for Guiding Light Baptist Church
- D.M., University of Phoenix
- M.B.A., University of Phoenix
- B.A., Michigan State University
—Reading murder mysteries
—Shopping for her grandson
—Perceptions of black women in corporate America
—Christian forgiveness in marriage
—Christian approach to maintaining values in the workplace