Ed.D. in Organizational Leadership & Development
PROGRAM START DATES
August 30, 2024
Admissions Materials Due
- 60 with up to 45 total degree hours in transfer credits possible
Accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC).
Expand Your Career Influence with a Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) in Organizational Leadership & Development Online
If you are a professional seeking solutions to challenges for your business, nonprofit, education, government, health care or ministry organization, an Ed.D. in Organizational Leadership & Development can help you advance your career and your organization’s effectiveness. Cornerstone University’s online accredited Ed.D. helps you craft practical solutions to real-world problems by utilizing advanced skills in research, organizational behavior and data-driven decisions that can cultivate lasting transformation in your organization or industry.
Cornerstone’s practitioner-based Ed.D. is uniquely designed to equip working professionals with proficiencies in organizational leadership and development within the context of a 21st-century, rapidly changing workplace ecosystem. Taught by experienced industry professionals, the program is grounded in a Christian worldview to inspire your professional and spiritual growth. You engage in an intentional learning community of fellow leaders as you collectively pursue your God-given abilities with creativity and insight. At Cornerstone, you:
- Develop proficiency in: organizational behavior, leadership, human resource management, qualitative and quantitative research methods, problem-solving, data analysis, planning, assessment and improvement, governance, culture and change management, finance, marketing, and communication in brand management.
- Expand your capabilities to: synthesize empirical and theoretical research to solve 21st-century organizational leadership issues, challenges, and problems and demonstrate intercultural competencies, integrating a Christian worldview throughout.
- Courses are offered 100% online with three annual residencies to deepen your peer connections and enhance your learning and professional growth.
- No GMAT is required, and five years of work experience is desired.
- One of the most affordable private, nonprofit online business degrees in the country.
- Scholarships and aid are available.
Why Choose An Ed.D. in Organizational Leadership & Development from Cornerstone University?
Choosing a practitioner-based Ed.D. over a Ph.D. is intentional. While both degrees advance your knowledge and credentials toward initiating success, the difference lies in what you hope to achieve. The Ed.D. is uniquely designed to equip working professionals across a broad range of industries and educational leadership roles. Graduates will blend research, theory, data, critical thinking and leadership to create solutions to real-world problems.
With over 80 years of experience in traditional and online higher education, Cornerstone University has prepared thousands of business and education professionals who serve in a wide range of industries with skill, character and distinction, leading in corporate, nonprofit, education, government and ministry roles. The Doctor of Education in Organizational Leadership & Development online degree is accredited by the respected Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs and the Higher Learning Commission (HLC).
Our mission is to prepare bold, Christ-centered, leaders who will create solutions for tomorrow’s global organizational challenges through character, researched-based skill and applied insights. The Cornerstone Ed.D. difference offers:
- Organizational leadership and business faculty experts with real-world experience who offer one-on-one student support and mentorship.
- One of the most affordable advanced business degrees per credit hour in private, nonprofit higher education.
- Networking through collaborative online learning environments and residencies.
- A team of knowledgeable advisers to guide you from application to graduation!
- Choose from over 75 in-demand degrees, certificates and concentrations to customize the learning you need to fit your career goals.
Our respected Ed.D. can help you advance in a current organization or transition to a new opportunity as an influential business leader. An enrollment counselor is ready to get you started!
Of alumni believe that their education prepared them for the demands of their careers.
Of faculty members are professing believers of Jesus Christ.
What Degree Courses Will You Study?
The Ed.D. program incorporates three annual residencies that provide you the opportunity to engage beyond coursework to deepen your experience in community and connection with your peers. These three-day intensive sessions provide an opportunity for connection, enhanced learning and professional growth.
After passing EDL-908 and at the beginning of the third residency, you’ll take the doctoral comprehensive exam. The exam incorporates two written practical application and synthesis components and demonstrates your critical thinking toward important issues in your industry as they relate to organizational leadership and development. It also allows you the opportunity to apply the curriculum you’ve encountered as you navigate and analyze your capstone project topic by using the language and evidence to present your project.
Passing this exam allows you to be considered officially “advanced to candidacy” as a doctoral candidate. The exam is evaluated in a two-person blind committee and marked as pass without reservation, pass with reservation or fail.
Chart your pathway forward with the support and guidance of expert professionals. Faculty in the Ed.D. program represent diverse professional backgrounds and areas of specialization.
Our programs incorporate a range of opportunities to advance your career both at the master’s and doctoral levels. Here are some other graduate pathways related to business.
Master of Business Administration (MBA)
Anchor your career growth in core business disciplines as you add value to your organization and reach your potential.