The Professional & Graduate Studies division places a high value on the assessment of student learning and the responsibility to deliver on the promise to provide excellence in adult education. Assessment of student outcomes and the disclosure of educational effectiveness are not viewed as an externally imposed burden. Rather, it is understood as a task of stewardship, a process for organizational learning, and as a matter of legitimate accountability.
The effectiveness of the PGS division's educational programs is assessed in a disciplined and routine manner. Achievement of the intended student learning outcomes of our curriculum, student and alumni satisfaction, readiness for ministry of our students, and vocational achievement of our graduates are assessed through a variety of instruments and processes.
- 97% of PGS Alumni believe that their education prepared them for the demands of their vocational life.
- Christian Adult Higher Education Association
- Council for Christian Colleges and Universities
- Council of Independent Colleges
- Directors and Representatives of Teacher Education Programs
- Michigan Independent Colleges & Universities
Excellence in Education
The following provides a few highlights and demonstrate how the Professional & Graduate Studies division is delivering on its promise to provide excellence in adult education.
- Associate's Degree Programs
- 6 Year Graduation Rate: 45%
- Employment Rate (5 Yr. View): 100%
- Bachelor's Degree Programs
- 6 Year Graduation Rate: 70%
- Employment Rate (5 Yr. View): 97%
- Master's Degree Programs
- 6 Year Graduation Rate: 82%
- Employment Rate (5 Yr. View): 98%
Please Note: Data shown above was taken from the results of a variety of surveys and other evaluative instruments administered in recent years at the Professional & Graduate Studies division of Cornerstone University.