The Well exists to provide a place where Cornerstone University students can have safe, confidential conversations with counselors who are equipped to provide encouragement and help when life gets stressful, confusing or messy. Life can get overwhelming and what is important to you is important to us.
You may choose counseling to problem solve, make healthier choices, build upon your strengths, gain freedom from chronic struggles or realize peace in difficult situations. Specific concerns often include stress, depression, anxiety, relationship struggles, spiritual issues, sexual concerns and confusion, the loss of a loved one, traumatic events, self-harm, suicidal thoughts, drugs and alcohol, pornography, family problems and adjustments to college life—really, anything that might be causing someone to struggle or doubt.
How to Make An Appointment
The Well is located in Miller Hall. Appointments are available Monday through Friday (9 a.m. to 4 p.m.) during the academic year. To make an appointment or for more information, call 616.977.5477 or email us.
If the problem you are facing needs immediate attention, or someone you know is in danger, call Campus Safety at 616.949.5300 or dial 911. The Well does not provide emergency counseling services outside of our normal office hours.
Meet Our Team
- Scott Courey, MSW, LMSW, Director of Counseling
- Julianne Dusendang, MA, LLPC, CAADC, Assistant Director of Counseling
- Rachel Rose, Administrative Assistant
- Melanie Badyna, Counseling Intern
- Bryan DeKoekkoek, Counseling Intern
- Kayla Droscha, Counseling Intern
- Dani Lauer, Counseling Intern
- Nathan Mahoney, Counseling Intern
- Michelle McRill, Counseling Intern
- Kelsey Rondeau, Counseling Intern
- Sherilyn Shaffer, Counseling Intern