Cornerstone University's visual identity reflects the qualities that make the university distinctive, and convey our brand to the world. Our commitment to build lives that matter by providing an environment that is academically excellent, culturally diverse and Christ-centered, is underscored in a meaningful way when people see Cornerstone University’s visual identity elements and colors. It is essential that the visual elements representing Cornerstone University and its image do so consistently and with integrity.
Cornerstone University's brand identity standards address the university's primary identity elements: name, logo, font and color. By following these guidelines, we build not only consistency, but protect our most valuable asset—the Cornerstone University name. All university departments and university-sanctioned organizations should use CU's visual identity elements for formal and informal communications, advertising, and promotional purposes in accordance with guidelines set by the Marketing & Communications office.
The Cornerstone University Marketing & Communications office is responsible for ensuring the correct use and integrity of the logo, seal and other marks on all university publications (digital or print), supplies, materials and equipment.
The following brand guidelines are designed to aid you in the use of the elements that are integral to the Cornerstone University identity. The philosophy behind the creation of this identity is to bring clarity to a category that is complicated, technical and often misunderstood. Its success will largely depend upon its proper and consistent use in the development of university materials.
Secondary Brand Identifiers
Secondary Brand Identifiers refer to the branches of Cornerstone's community whose target audience is a unique segment of the core brand's target audience. These logos serve as secondary identifiers of our brand. Use of these logos on marketing materials does not require the additional use of the Cornerstone University logo. The vertical format of all sub-brand logos must be used whenever possible. All logos should always be used in their original approved form(s).
At Cornerstone University, we believe that you are a life that matters. Our goal is to help you build on the foundation you have in Christ so that you can reach your highest potential.
- Brand Name: Cornerstone University (includes traditional undergraduate programs; Cornerstone University Radio: WCSG, WCFG, MNN; Professional & Graduate Studies Program; Grand Rapids Theological Seminary; and Asia Baptist Theological Seminary)
- Brand Persona: Followers of Jesus
- Brand Idea: A Life That Matters
- Brand Tagline: Build A Life That Matters
Key Talking Points
- Jesus matters. Cornerstone University values a spiritually contagious environment. As followers of Jesus, our staff, faculty and students are committed to creating an environment where students can thrive in their personal relationship with God. This is the foundation we believe matters most.
- Academics matter. Cornerstone University values academic excellence in its programs and activities. We offer a student-focused learning community that values excellence in education. Our outstanding students, faculty and staff are equipped to excel in their fields of study and be influencers for Christ in a variety of vocations.
- Resources matter. Cornerstone University values an environment that is richly resourced. We are committed to providing an education and campus rich in resources both for our students, staff and faculty and for the West Michigan and global communities we influence.
- Community matters. Cornerstone University values cultural diversity in our environment, activities and programs. We seek to provide cultural awareness in all of our programs to instill in our students a passion for global influence and cultural engagement.
Blue and gold are the primary colors for Cornerstone University’s brand identity. These colors should figure primarily in all branding publications for the university. Every attempt should be made to match these colors as closely as possible. For questions of acceptability, please contact the marketing and communications office.
- Pantone Matching System: PMS 2767
- Four Color Process: C-100, M-78, Y-0, K-54
- RGB: 0-36-93
- Web: #162b48
- Navy is acceptable for use on apparel.
- Pantone Matching System: PMS #8960
- Non-Metallic Alternative: PMS 1245 (restricted use)
- Four Color Process: C-0, M-42, Y-100, K-29
- RGB: 204-153-51
- Web: #CC9933
- Vegas Gold is acceptable for use on apparel.
Proper usage of all Cornerstone University brand logos is essential. The vertical format of all logos must be used whenever possible.
Please Note: The combination of certain background colors with the Cornerstone logo can render the logo illegible. The background color must contrast with the logo elements in order to have impact.
Athletic and Spirit Marks
Spirit marks are for use by Cornerstone University athletics when communicating with either internal or external audiences and by groups or organizations within the university to use strictly for spirit applications.
The Cornerstone University athletics logo is used for use when communicating to athletic audiences. These logos should only be used in conjunction with the official Cornerstone University logo or at the discretion of the marketing and communications office.