The Master of Arts in Ministry Leadership degree is designed for those in ministry leadership positions who want advanced biblical, theological and ministry education to promote personal, spiritual and professional growth, and cannot reasonably attend classes on campus.
The M.A. in Ministry Leadership degree:
- Promotes your personal, spiritual and professional growth through advanced biblical, theological, and ministerial education.
- Enhances your immediate effectiveness, knowledge and competency in ministry.
- Encourages your pursuit of peer, lifelong education and the continuing development of essential personal and professional ministry skills.
- Offers an inviting environment for ministry professionals to pursue continuing education that offers spiritual, theological and leadership formation and training.
Cornerstone University confers the M.A. in Ministry Leadership degree, which is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. The degree is not intended as a basis for doctoral study.
Cornerstone University also offers Association of Theological Schools (ATS) accredited Seminary degrees through Grand Rapids Theological Seminary. M.A. Ministry Leadership students work in consortium with GRTS as the graduate bookstore is located at the GRTS building and professors teach for both the CU programs and GRTS programs.
- School: CU Online
- Division: CU Online
- Degree Type: Master of Arts
- Format: Online
- Location: Grand Rapids
A Master of Arts in Biblical Studies will provide a wide range of opportunities for employment. Whether you want to work in a church, para-church ministry, non-profit, or other Christian organization, there is a career option that will work for you!
- Associate Pastor
- Christian Education Pastor
- Preaching & Teaching Minister
- Small Group Pastor
- Youth Minister
36 Total credits (12 courses). 2-4 years depending on pace. Students can choose a 3 credits/semester part-time plan or a 6 credits/semester full-time plan.
The M.A. in Ministry Leadership degree is cohort-based, which means that groups of 12-15 students journey through the program together. The program consists of 36-credit hours. The program curriculum contains a core of Bible and theology classes with a specialization in leadership.
Convenience and Flexibility
With course offerings online, you will maximize your educational experience while still maintaining your work and family life. Online classes will be taken in a 15-week format. This allows students to complete the program in 2-4 years!