The call to ministry can come in different ways and at any stage of life. Whether you serve God in full-time ministry, seek to move into full-time ministry, or simply want to further your education, the Master of Arts in Ministry Leadership degree can further prepare you for ministry service. This 36-credit program can be completed in 2 years and provides a foundation in Biblical study, theological education, and advanced ministry training.
- 36 credits
- Fully online
- Accredited by the Higher Learning Commission
- Learn in an online community of students
- Classes taught by professors who integrate academics & practical ministry training
- Deepen your Biblical knowledge
- Advanced theological development
- Specialized ministry training
- Take classes while working full-time
- Complete the program in as little as 2 years
- School: CU Online
- Division: CU Online
- Degree Type: Master of Arts
- Format: Online
- Location: Grand Rapids
A Master of Arts in Ministry Leadership will provide a wide range of opportunities for employment. Whether you want to work in a church, para-church ministry, non-profit, or other Christian organization, there is a career option that will work for you!
- Associate Pastor
- Christian Education Pastor
- Preaching & Teaching Minister
- Small Group Pastor
- Youth Minister
36 Total credits (12 courses). 2-4 years depending on pace. Students can choose a 3 credits/semester part-time plan or a 6 credits/semester full-time plan.
- Main Application (Free)
- Official transcripts demonstrating a 2.5 G.P.A. in a completed bachelors degree at an accredited institution. Mail to: Cornerstone University Graduate Admissions, 1001 E Beltline Ave NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49525
- Ministry Reference
- Personal Reference
The M.A. in Ministry Leadership degree is cohort-based, which means that you complete the program in a group of 12-15 students. The program consists of 36-credit hours and contains a core of Bible and theology classes with a specialization in ministry leadership.
Convenience and Flexibility
With courses offered fully online, you can maximize your education while maintaining your work and family life. Online classes are taken in a 15-week format and you can complete the program in 2-4 years depending on your schedule.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Conduct disciplined biblical interpretation and application with reference to the English Bible text.
- State a basic understanding of the primary elements of Christian Theology.
- Exhibit basic knowledge, values, and skills essential to effective ministerial and public leadership.
Cornerstone University confers the M.A. in Ministry Leadership degree, which is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. The degree is not intended as a basis for doctoral study.
Cornerstone University also offers Association of Theological Schools (ATS) accredited Seminary degrees through Grand Rapids Theological Seminary (GRTS). M.A. Ministry Leadership students work in consortium with GRTS as the graduate bookstore is located at the GRTS building and professors teach for both the CU programs and GRTS programs.