Flourish as a strategic decision maker and influencer with a Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) in Organizational Leadership and Development degree. Designed for both established professionals and emerging leaders, the Ed.D. program will enhance your ability to implement evidence-based practices to achieve results, realize organizational growth and utilize research literature for immediate contextual application.
The Ed.D. will support your professional and personal growth as an effective leader. Teaching from a Christ-centered foundation and "scholars of practice" perspective, faculty members will equip you to interpret research literature whether your career is in business, ministry, non-profit leadership, higher education or K-12 education.
- School: Adult & Graduate Studies
- Division: Business
- Degree Type: Doctorate of Education
- Format: Online
- Location: Grand Rapids
As a non-profit, Christ-centered university, we strive to provide an accessible education that fits your needs.
Take courses in a way that's easy for you with classes offered in an online format with three multi-day intensives.
- Program Length: 3-4 years
- Program Start Date: May 16, 2019
- Admission Materials Due: March 11, 2019
Includes references, transcripts, test score(s), resume, statement of intent and application
You'll graduate equipped to flourish as a theoretically and theologically-informed leader. Course work will prepare you to interpret research literature, identify viable solutions and develop contextual applications for areas related to:
- Organizational leadership and development
- Human resources management
- Legal issues and standards of good practice that enable individuals to flourish
- Innovation and quality improvement
- Strategic planning
- Environmental evaluation
- Change management
"We are called to redeem this world for God's purposes; the Ed.D. program is designed to help current and emerging organizational leaders achieve that calling.
"Organizational life happens to be where we spend most of our time, so improved organizational decision making and performance is ultimately about glorifying God by doing well what He has charged us to do."
Dr. Jeffrey Savage
Professor of Business
Associate Dean of Business
To meet more program facilitators, view the faculty directory.
- Minimum of five years of professional experience
- Master's degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Application ($50 fee)
- Statement of intent (500-1,000 words)
- Official college and/or military transcripts
- Official test score—GRE, GMAT or MAT
- Three professional references
- Resume or CV
- International Students: TOEFL or IELTS score
A college degree is an investment. Expenses include tuition, educational resources and an application fee.
- Tuition: $665 per credit
- Educational Resources: $160 per course
- Application Fee: $50
- Cost Per Four Credit Course: $2,820
- Total Estimated Cost: $42,030
For more information on the total program cost, review our tuition and fees.