Whether you plan to assist new arrivals to America within local schools or are preparing for an international mission, Cornerstone PGS can help.
As a non-profit, Christ-centered university, we strive to provide an accessible education that fits your needs.
Take courses in a way that's easy for you with classes offered in a 100% online or blended format. The online program requires participants to attend two approved TESOL conferences and/or seminars; the blended program requires two one-week, on-campus residencies.
- Program Length: 22-24 months
- Program Start Date:
- Online—Saturday, Jan. 27, 2018*
*You may qualify to enroll at an alternate time. Call 800.947.2382 to speak with an enrollment counselor.
- New Skills and Proficiencies: You'll graduate equipped to understand the structure of languages and their development within social contexts, theories relating to second language acquisition and practical ways to integrate technologically-enhanced instructional techniques into your educational strategy. These knowledge areas will prepare you to teach and minister in cross-cultural settings.
- Career Opportunities: Missions, ESL K-12 teacher, ESL adult teacher, curriculum development, higher education, teacher trainers, program administration
- Application ($25 fee)
- Official transcripts from all previously attended colleges and universities. Send a completed transcript release form for each college you've attended to the PGS enrollment team, and we'll request your transcripts!
- Minimum 2.7 G.P.A. in undergraduate course work
- Two letters of recommendation
- Professional resume
If your primary language is not English, you must submit a TOEFL or IELTS score.
For admission to Cornerstone's Master of Arts in TESOL degree program, you must achieve one of the following minimum scores:
- Paper-based TOEFL test: 577
- Computer-based TOEFL test: 233
- Internet-based TOEFL test: 90-91
- Minimum IELTS score: 7.0
To understand the total estimated cost for the Master of Arts in TESOL program, review a breakdown of expenses:
- Application Fee: $25
- Tuition Cost: $460 per credit hour
- Technology Fee: $40 per course
- Resource Fee: $75 per course
- Reservation Fee: $30
- Total Estimated Cost: $16,500
Cornerstone University's commitment to offer you a competitively priced degree means that we partner with you to ensure its affordability. Preview our STEP-BY-STEP FINANCIAL AID CHECKLIST.
- ESL Endorsement: Build upon your Michigan teaching certification, earning an endorsement to teach English as a Second Language in Michigan's public schools.
- TESOL Graduate Diploma: Learn more about the value of earning a TESOL Graduate Diploma, preparing you to serve in a ESL ministry or as a paraprofessional in the public schools.
"My professors and the fellow students in my cohort have had a significant impact in my life, and this program has played an important role in both pointing me toward the next steps God has for me and preparing me to take them." —Hannah Thelander (M.A. '15)