Whether you plan to assist new arrivals to America within local schools or are preparing for an international mission, Cornerstone PGS can help.
As a non-profit, Christ-centered university, we strive to provide an accessible education that fits your needs.
Take courses in a way that's easy for you with classes offered in a 100% online or blended format. The online program requires participants to attend two approved TESOL conferences and/or seminars; the blended program requires two one-week, on-campus residencies.
- Program Length: 22-24 months
- Program Start Date:
- Grand Rapids—Monday, Jul. 16, 2018*
*You may qualify to enroll at an alternate time. Call 800.947.2382 to speak with an enrollment counselor.
- New Skills and Proficiencies: You'll graduate equipped to understand the structure of languages and their development within social contexts, theories relating to second language acquisition and practical ways to integrate technologically-enhanced instructional techniques into your educational strategy. These knowledge areas will prepare you to teach and minister in cross-cultural settings.
- Career Opportunities: Missions, ESL K-12 teacher, ESL adult teacher, curriculum development, higher education, teacher trainers, program administration
- Application ($25 fee)
- Official transcripts from all previously attended colleges and universities. Send a completed transcript release form for each college you've attended to the PGS enrollment team, and we'll request your transcripts!
- Minimum 2.7 G.P.A. in undergraduate course work
- Two letters of recommendation
- Professional resume
If your primary language is not English, you must submit a TOEFL or IELTS score.
For admission to Cornerstone's Master of Arts in TESOL degree program, you must achieve one of the following minimum scores:
- Paper-based TOEFL test: 577
- Computer-based TOEFL test: 233
- Internet-based TOEFL test: 90-91
- Minimum IELTS score: 7.0
To understand the total estimated cost for the Master of Arts in TESOL program, visit our tuition and fees page or review the breakdown of expenses:
- Tuition: $515 per credit
- Educational Resources: $85 per course
- Application and Reservation Fee: $55
- Cost Per Three Credit Course: $1,630
- Total Estimated Cost: $17,985
- ESL Endorsement: Build upon your Michigan teaching certification, earning an endorsement to teach English as a Second Language in Michigan's public schools.
- TESOL Graduate Diploma: Learn more about the value of earning a TESOL Graduate Diploma, preparing you to serve in a ESL ministry or as a paraprofessional in the public schools.