Students in Cornerstone University's 48-credit Bachelor of Science in Ministry Leadership program will identify and apply critical components of the Christian worldview, demonstrate cross-cultural communication and collaboration and develop decision-making skills needed for management and leadership roles.
- School: Adult & Graduate Studies
- Division: Ministry
- Degree Type: Bachelor of Science
- Format: Onsite, Online
- Location: Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Lansing
- Program Length: 20-22 months
- Delivery Format: Onsite and online
- Accelerated cohort model
- Flexible, convenient learning options
- On-site courses meet 6:00 - 10:00 p.m.
- Total Program Credit Hours: 48
- Program Start Date: Cohorts begin periodically throughout the year. Speak with an enrollment counselor today to learn more.
- Application Deadline: Rolling admission
- New Skills and Proficiencies: You'll graduate with skills both supported by and rooted in foundational biblical, theological and management principles. Coursework will prepare you for the increasingly complex nature of leading others and participating in outreach organizations.
- Career Opportunities: Pastorate, missions, worship leader, non-profit leadership, volunteerism, student ministries
- Submission of a completed application and non-refundable $25 application fee
- Minimum of 2 years of full-time work experience since high school
- Minimum of 56 transferrable, college-level credit hours from an accredited institution
- Official transcripts from all previously attended colleges and universities: Send a completed transcript release form for each college you've attended to the PGS enrollment team, and we'll request your transcripts.
- CLEP and DANTES transcripts (if applicable)
- Copy of official military transcripts (if applicable)
- Statement of Christian faith and church involvement
- Reference from a church or ministry leader
Students whose primary language is not English must submit a TOEFL or IELTS score.
For admission to Cornerstone University's Bachelor of Science in Ministry Leadership degree program, you must achieve one of the following minimum scores:
- Paper-based TOEFL test: 550
- Computer-based TOEFL test: 213
- Internet-based TOEFL test: 79-80
- Minimum IELTS score: 6.5
A college degree is an investment. To understand the total estimated cost for the Bachelor of Science in Ministry Leadership program, review a breakdown of expenses:
- Application Fee: $25
- Tuition Cost: $410 per credit hour
- Technology Fee: $40 per course
- Resource Fee: $125 per course
- Reservation Fee: $30
- Total Estimated Cost: $22,375
Cornerstone University's commitment to offer you a competitively priced degree means that we partner with you to ensure its affordability. Preview our step-by-step financial aid checklist.
Earning your next degree is attainable. Upon completion of your Bachelor of Science in Ministry Leadership degree, you may apply to join a master's program cohort:
- Master of Arts in Biblical Studies
- Master of Arts in Ministry Leadership
- Master of Arts in TESOL
- Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership
"Cornerstone University was a life changing experience. The people I have met became like family and everything I studied gave me a firm foundation to build upon and discern my calling into ministry. I am truly grateful God called me to this school."—Sheri Harris (B.S. '15)
Program Courses and Catalog
The Bachelor of Science in Ministry Leadership degree requires completion of the following courses:
- CMI/IDS-302 Principles of Self-Management (3 credit hours, 5 weeks)
- ENG-119 Professional Writing (3 credit hours, 5 weeks)
- CMI-312 Personal Growth for Effective Leadership (3 credit hours, 5 weeks)
- COM-211 Professional Communication (3 credit hours, 5 weeks)
- MGT-317 Organizational Behavior and Processes (3 credit hours, 5 weeks)
- MGT-315 Negotiation and Conflict Resolution (3 credit hours, 5 weeks)
- MGT-316 Managing the Not-for-Profit Organization (3 credit hours, 5 weeks)
- REL-228 Principles of Biblical Studies (3 credit hours, 5 weeks)
- REL-237 Interpretive Analysis of New Testament Literature (3 credit hours, 5 weeks)
- CMI-338 Ministry Ethics and Values (3 credit hours, 5 weeks)
- CMI-331 Philosophy of Leadership (3 credit hours, 5 weeks)
- CMI-433 Systems for Cultural Impact (3 credit hours, 5 weeks)
- REL-238 Christian Doctrine I (3 credit hours, 5 weeks)
- REL-345 Christian Doctrine II (3 credit hours, 5 weeks)
- REL-233 Interpretive Analysis of Old Testament Literature (3 credit hours, 5 weeks)
- CMI-442 Applications in Organizational Leadership (3 credit hours, 5 weeks)
For course descriptions and graduation requirements, view the 2016-17 Professional & Graduate Studies Undergraduate Academic Catalog.
Your Next Step
Join a cohort of working professionals on the path toward your undergraduate degree and career advancement. To begin, submit your application now or schedule an appointment with an enrollment counselor.