The Creativity and Innovation Honors Institute combines classical liberal arts honors courses with a focus on creativity and innovation to uniquely develop your abilities as a design thinker, creative cultivator and wise citizen. Project-based learning experiences, intentional student cohorts, seminar-style discussions led by expert faculty and the opportunity to earn a second major in creativity and innovation prepare you to identify and use your talents to produce work that is new, useful and redemptive.
This matters because our world needs Christ-centered influencers, compassionate scholars and innovative leaders.
Market Yourself as an Innovator
Creativity has become one of the most sought-after traits by employers and business leaders. According to a survey conducted on behalf of the Association of American Colleges & Universities, 95% of employers prioritize innovation among their hiring preferences.
The Creativity and Innovation Honors Institute combines three concepts into one cohesive curriculum to give you the tools necessary to excel in today's marketplace and flourish as a follower of Christ. This means that as an honors student you will:
- Gain hands-on, practical training in creativity and innovation. Our honors classes place emphasis on design thinking, creative habits and innovation techniques.
- Learn to examine issues from an interdisciplinary approach. This equips you to become a better problem solver—a skill that sets you apart in the hiring process.
- Discuss foundational texts that have shaped Western thought. A five-course reading plan challenges how you communicate and embody both your civic and vocational responsibility.
- Graduate with a second major in creativity and innovation. Honors courses fulfill the requirements for a second major in creativity and innovation, one of the most marketable majors in the country.
How to Apply
Participation in the Creativity and Innovation Honors Institute is by acceptance only and limited to 25 students per cohort. Incoming first-year students (cumulative 3.5 high school grade-point average or above) and transfer students (3.2 college grade-point average) are invited to apply.
- Apply for admission to Cornerstone University.
- If your transcript meets the grade-point average requirement for the honors program, you're invited to complete the Creativity and Innovation Honors Institute application.*
*Due to high interest, a second cohort has been added for the 2018-19 academic year. We will accept applications until March 1, 2018.
For priority admission consideration, we recommend that you complete the honors institute application process by Dec. 15. At that time, application submissions will be reviewed by our honors faculty.
If all available spots are offered and reserved after the first review, the honors application will close until the next academic year; if spots remain, a second review process will occur in February.
Ready to learn more about what you can expect as a Cornerstone honors student? Send us an email to request additional program information or ask a question.