Grand Rapids Theological Seminary graduates excel as knowledgable, character-driven leaders in our world for Christ. As a result, they demonstrate lifelong commitments toward learning, serving and leading which set them apart.
Rigorous Academic Training
Through rigorous training in theology, church history, biblical languages and interpretation of Scripture, our Master of Divinity curriculum and course work requirements are designed to enable you to:
- Conduct disciplined biblical interpretation and application with reference to the Greek and Hebrew texts.
- State a basic understanding of the primary elements of Christian theology.
- Demonstrate knowledge, values and practices essential to personal spiritual formation.
- Exhibit knowledge, values and skills essential to effective ministerial and public leadership.
- Demonstrate basic competency in cultural intelligence and cultural exegesis.
We take seriously our responsibility to deliver on the promise to provide excellence in graduate theological education. Expert faculty, flexible scheduling and the support of a diverse learning community help ensure you receive the academic preparation and practical experience you need to thrive in your career.
Readiness for Ministry
- 96% of Master of Divinity students achieved the highest outcome (i.e., making good progress in readiness for ministry) at the mid-point assessment.
- 100% of Master of Divinity students achieved the highest outcome (i.e., making good progress in readiness for ministry) at the exit assessment.
- 72% of Master of Divinity students who begin a degree program progress to degree completion.
- 74% of Master of Divinity alumni surveyed report being vocationally employed in a ministry context.
- 67% of Master of Divinity alumni have achieved licensure and/or ordination as a minister.
*This data was taken from the results of a variety of surveys and other evaluative instruments administered in recent years at Grand Rapids Theological Seminary.