Grand Rapids Theological Seminary promotes the rigorous study of Scripture and ancient languages. Each year, one of our expert faculty members leads the Thursday Evening Bible Class, a fall Bible teaching series offered on site at GRTS for the community. Comprised of biblical lectures, the classes typically run from eight to 10 weeks.
Thursday Evening Bible Class sessions are free and open to the public. More than a hundred individuals from the community attend each series, representing a variety of Christian denominations and associations.
Audio Recordings of Past Classes
- The Letter to the Hebrews for the Church Today with Dr. Max Botner (2019)
- Paul's Letters from Prison with Dr. Tim Gombis (2018)
- The Words and World of Jesus with Jennifer Greer (2017)
- Galatians with Dr. Tim Gombis (2016)
- Reflecting on the Gospel of Mark with Dr. Tim Gombis (2015)
- Faith, Doubt and a Life that Pleases God with Dr. Mike Wittmer (2014)
- Psalms Sampler with Dr. John Hilber* (2013)
- Ephesians: Participating in the Triumph of Christ with Dr. Tim Gombis (2012)
*Audio recordings for this class are available upon request. Call GRTS at 616.222.1422 for more information.