Academic SupportDedicated to Supporting You
At Cornerstone University, our team of dedicated faculty and staff is passionate about partnering with you in identifying resources and tools to help you thrive in the classroom and beyond.
Cornerstone offers both academic and housing accommodations for for students with disabilities. For information and application instructions, see our Student Disability Services web page.
Undergraduate On-Campus Student Resources
At Cornerstone, you are more than just a number. Our professors will go the extra mile to ensure that students understand concepts, think innovatively and creatively and develop critical skills that will equip them to excel in their field.
- The Center for Academic Success offers one-on-one tutoring, academic planning and learning strategies sessions for undergraduate on-campus students.
- Each student is assigned a personal academic advisor who will personally walk alongside you and help you plan for the future. In addition to advising, the Center for Academic Success team provides strengths-centered coaching.
- The Writing Center and research help desk at Miller Library provide resources for students to sharpen their writing skills and help them with their assignments.
Undergraduate Accelerated and Graduate Student Resources
As a busy adult, you bring a wealth of professional and personal experience with you as you take on your next step along your educational journey. Yet we know that you may also appreciate resources on topics like APA style, paper structure and math equations to empower you to move forward with confidence as you transition to higher education.
Center for Student Success
At PGS, we know the support you need is unique to you. The PGS Center for Student Success provides a range of resources to meet you where you’re at in the classroom and beyond. Through one-on-one writing, career and technology assistance, students and alumni can grow in confidence as they navigate through their program and reach their full potential. As a student or graduate, you can schedule an online appointment to meet with a trained coach who’s passionate about seeing you thrive.
The writing resources we offer are designed to help you improve as a writer and understand the expectations and nuances of APA Style. From tips on thesis statements to content outlines, we partner with you to maximize your learning experience as an adult student.
- Writing Workshops are free, hands-on workshops that offer concise, practical tips to help you clarify your writing, implement APA Style, format in-text citations, and review key points of grammar. Writing Workshops are offered for enrolled Cornerstone students in Grand Rapids. Online sessions are also available.
- One-on-One Writing Assistance provided through the Center for Student Success enables you to walk through your assignment with a coach to refine your writing and understand the purpose behind your revisions.
Our free Basic Excel Workshops show you how to write formulas, format spreadsheets, create charts, sort workbooks and work with pivot tables. These Basic Excel Workshops are offered online for enrolled Cornerstone students.
In addition, enrolled students receive access to a free version of Microsoft Office 365. This ensures that you have up-to-date versions of software such as Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
Whether you choose to enroll as an on-campus or online student, you’ll receive full access to Miller Library and our PGS librarian liaison. Our accessible librarians offer reference services for both on-campus and off-site patrons. And partnerships with peer institutions allow you to use InterLibrary Loan resources not immediately available in our library’s catalog.
Enrolled Cornerstone students receive access to NetTutor, a free online, on-demand tutoring service. NetTutor offers live one-on-one tutoring in a wide variety of subjects such as accounting, economics, finance, math, statistics and writing. In addition, NetTutor offers Paper Center, a place where you can upload writing samples and receive feedback within 48 hours.
Grow in confidence as you extend beyond the classroom to pursue the career path that you know you’re capable of. Our PGS Career Services offers a variety of resources and tools to empower you in your next steps during and after earning your degree. You’ll get access to practical and interactive workshops on topics like interviewing best practices and LinkedIn for job searching. Your program will also incorporate an innovative Career Curriculum section as you pursue a calling that extends beyond earning a paycheck.
As an enrolled student, you’ll have access to 24/7 support for our online learning management system (Moodle). You’ll also discover a Student Resources folder within Moodle that is rich with resources. From how-to tutorials, guides and other templates, you’ll learn the mechanics of how to navigate this learning platform and enhance other essential skills in writing and Excel use.
Additional resources that can help with writing skills and various other topics include:
- Khan Academy: offers training videos, student forums and quizzes that allow you to assess your progress in a variety of subjects such as math, science, economics, finance, writing and computing.
- Purdue Online Writing Lab: details how to cite sources, understand plagiarism and utilize APA Style.
Seminary Student Resources
- Academic tutoring is available on a limited basis to seminary students in need of academic assistance.
- Miller Library at Cornerstone University provides access to thousands of theological volumes for reference and academic research.
MON - FRI: 8 a.m. - 5. p.m.
SAT & SUN: Closed