The Associate of Science in Business Studies is a 62-credit, introductory-level academic program designed for working adults who understand that a solid Christian liberal arts education will help them accomplish more in their professional and personal lives. You'll graduate equipped to demonstrate and apply an understanding of the Christian worldview to business and social issues.
- School: Adult & Graduate Studies
- Division: Business
- Degree Type: Associate of Science
- Format: Blended, Online
- Location: Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo
- Program Length: 28 months
- Delivery Format: Blended and online
- Accelerated cohort model
- Flexible, convenient learning options
- On-site courses meet 6:00 - 10:00 p.m.
- Total Program Credit Hours: 62
- Program Start Date: Cohorts begin periodically throughout the year. Speak with an enrollment counselor today to learn more.
- Application Deadline: Rolling admission
- New Skills and Proficiencies: Your program will equip you with basic business and management knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Navigate the Marketplace: You'll add value to your career, integrating theory and practice from subject areas such as entrepreneurship, marketing, global business and the fundamentals of leadership.
- Career Opportunities: Small business management, non-profit organizations, entrepreneurial start-ups and entry-level positions in government, retail, sales and supervision
- Application ($25 fee)
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Minimum of two years full-time work experience since high school
- Official transcripts from all previously attended colleges and universities. Send a completed transcript release form for each college you've attended to the PGS enrollment team, and we'll request your transcripts!
- Copy of official military transcripts (if applicable)
If your primary language is not English, you must submit a TOEFL or IELTS score.
For admission to Cornerstone's Associate of Science in Business Studies degree program, you must achieve one of the following minimum scores:
- Paper-based TOEFL test: 550
- Computer-based TOEFL test: 213
- Internet-based TOEFL test: 79-80
- Minimum IELTS score: 6.5
A college degree is an investment. To understand the total estimated cost for the Associate of Science in Business Studies program, review a breakdown of expenses:
- Application Fee: $25
- Tuition Cost: $340 per credit hour
- Technology Fee: $40 per course
- Resource Fee: $125 per course
- Reservation Fee: $30
- Total Estimated Cost: $24,655
Cornerstone University's commitment to offer you a competitively priced degree means that we partner with you to ensure its affordability. Learn more by previewing our step-by-step financial aid checklist.
Earning your next degree is attainable. Upon completion of your Associate of Science in Business Studies degree, you are may apply to join a bachelor's program cohort to conclude your undergraduate education:
"The journey from Associate to Master has been so rewarding. The PGS program allowed me to take classes with success and still be a great wife and mother to my family." —Nannette Perry (B.S. '13, M.B.A. '15)
Program Courses and Catalog
The Associate of Science in Business Studies degree requires completion of the following courses:
Step 1 Courses
- Foundations of Inquiry (IDS-100) — 2 credit hours, 5 weeks
- Digital Literacy (IDS-131) — 3 credit hours, 5 weeks
- Introduction to Writing and Research (ENG-118) — 4 credit hours, 8 weeks
- Foundations of Speech Communication (COM-111) — 3 credit hours, 5 weeks
- General Psychology (PSY-111) — 3 credit hours, 5 weeks
- Mosaic Literature (REL-231) — 3 credit hours, 5 weeks
- Philosophy in Culture (PHI-211) — 3 credit hours, 5 weeks
- Introduction to Global Business (BUS-217) — 3 credit hours, 5 weeks
- Personal Financial Planning (BUS-241) — 3 credit hours, 5 weeks
- Leadership Studies (MGT-233) — 3 credit hours, 5 weeks
Step 2 Courses
- Personal Wellness (IDS-204) — 3 credit hours, 6 weeks
- Introduction to Literature (ENG-223) — 3 credit hours, 6 weeks
- Gospel Literature (REL-232) — 3 credit hours, 5 weeks
- Contemporary Math (MAT-120) — 3 credit hours, 7 weeks
- Introduction to Fine Arts (FAR-211) — 3 credit hours, 5 weeks
- American Studies (HIS-115) — 3 credit hours, 5 weeks
- Current Social Issues (SOC-211) — 3 credit hours, 5 weeks
- Contemporary Issues in Science and Technology (SCI-119) — 3 credit hours, 6 weeks
- Principles of Marketing (MKT-251) — 3 credit hours, 5 weeks
- Entrepreneurship (MGT-232) — 3 credit hours, 5 weeks
- Current Problems in Business: Case Studies (BUS-234) — 2 credit hours, 4 weeks
Your Next Step
Join a cohort of working professionals on the path toward your undergraduate degree and career advancement. To begin, submit your application now or schedule an appointment with an enrollment counselor.