Be equipped to inspire, encourage and empower your students as you gain practical knowledge and experience in teaching English as a second language. Grow in your understanding of relating to your students in diverse settings so you can take your classroom environment to the next level.
The ESL Endorsement is a non-degree program designed for certified teachers who wish to earn an endorsement to teach ESL in public schools. Knowledge gained in this program readies you to take a test for your ESL endorsement and expand your influence as an educator.
Take courses in a way that's easy for you. Classes are offered 100% online or in a blended format that includes a two-day residency.
The ESL Endorsement program takes 18 months to complete. There are also options available to earn an ESL endorsement even sooner. Contact an enrollment counselor for more information.
Advance as a specialized ESL teacher with 22 credit hours of graduate-level course work in language acquisition, linguistics and instructional methods.
- LIN-501: Issues in TESOL
- LIN-565: TESOL Methodology I
- LIN-525: Introduction to Linguistics
- LIN-535: Advanced English Grammar
- LIN-555: Sociolinguistics
- LIN-556: Second Language Acquisition
- LIN-594: TESOL Capstone
Full course descriptions are available in the Graduate Academic Catalog.
- Official college and/or military transcripts*
- Minimum 2.7 G.P.A. in undergraduate course work and a completed bachelor's degree
- Two letters of recommendation
- Professional resume
- International Students: TOEFL or IELTS score
*Tip: Send us a transcript release for each college you've attended, and we'll request your transcripts!
Expenses for this endorsement include tuition, educational resources and an application fee.
- Tuition: $515 per credit
- Educational Resources: $85 per course
- Application Fee: $25
- Cost Per Three Credit Course: $1,630
- Total Estimated Cost: $11,950
For more information on the total cost of this endorsement, review our tuition and fees.