CU Students Assist with Tax Preparation
Cornerstone University students will help Grand Rapids residents prepare their taxes at no cost along with IRS-certified tax preparers and community volunteers over the next few days.
The free tax services are offered at ACSET Community Action Tax Center on Franklin Street SE in Grand Rapids. Residents with income less than $57,000 qualify for the free services.
Each year at this time CU accounting students team up with the Volunteer Income Tax Association. All students have been certified by the Internal Revenue Service.
Walk-in appointments are available April 13-15 from 8:30 a.m. to 8 p.m.
If interested, bring the following:
- Picture I.D. and social security card for filer, spouse and dependents.
- Birth dates for primary, secondary and dependents on the tax return.
- Wage and earning statements.
- Interest and dividend statements from banks.
- Bank routing numbers and account numbers for direct deposit.
- A copy of last year's federal and state returns.
- Rent paid out-of-pocket, landlord names and addresses or 2014 property taxes.
- Utility bills.