Flourish as a strategic decision maker and influencer with a Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) in Organizational Leadership and Development degree. Designed for both established professionals and emerging leaders, the Ed.D. program will enhance your ability to implement evidence-based practices to achieve results, realize organizational growth and utilize research literature for immediate contextual application.
The Ed.D. will support your professional and personal growth as an effective leader. Teaching from a Christ-centered foundation and "scholars of practice" perspective, faculty members will equip you to interpret research literature whether your career is in business, ministry, non-profit leadership, higher education or K-12 education.
- School: Adult & Graduate Studies
- Division: Business
- Degree Type: Doctorate of Education
- Format: Online
- Location: Grand Rapids
- Program Length: 3-4 years
- Delivery Format: Online with residency
- Accelerated cohort model
- 8-week online courses
- Total Program Credit Hours: 60
- 13 courses (52 credit hours)
- Capstone research project (8 credit hours)
- Residency Requirement: Join your cohort in Grand Rapids for three 3-day intensives.
- Admission Materials Due: March 30, 2018
Includes references, transcripts, test score(s), resume, statement of intent and application
You'll graduate equipped to flourish as a theoretically and theologically-informed leader. Course work will prepare you to interpret research literature, identify viable solutions and develop contextual applications for areas related to:
- Organizational leadership and development
- Human resources management
- Legal issues and standards of good practice that enable individuals to flourish
- Innovation and quality improvement
- Strategic planning
- Environmental evaluation
- Change management
"We are called to redeem this world for God's purposes; the Ed.D. program is designed to help current and emerging organizational leaders achieve that calling.
"Organizational life happens to be where we spend most of our time, so improved organizational decision making and performance is ultimately about glorifying God by doing well what He has charged us to do."
— Dr. Jeffrey Savage
Professor of Business
Associate Dean of Business
To meet more program facilitators, view the faculty directory.
If your primary language is not English, you must submit a TOEFL or IELTS score.
For admission to Cornerstone's Ed.D. in Organizational Leadership and Development degree program, you must achieve one of the following minimum scores:
- Paper-based TOEFL test: 577
- Computer-based TOEFL test: 233
- Internet-based TOEFL test: 90-91
- Minimum IELTS score: 7.0
To understand the total estimated cost and investment of the Ed.D. program, review a breakdown of expenses:
- Application Fee: $50
- Tuition Cost: $650 per credit hour
- Technology Fee: $40 per course
- Resource Fee: $160 per course
- Total Estimated Cost: $41,530
Cornerstone University's commitment to offer you a competitively priced degree means that we partner with you to ensure its affordability. Preview our STEP-BY-STEP FINANCIAL AID CHECKLIST.
Program Courses and Catalog
The Ed.D. curriculum focuses on acquisition of new skills in organizational assessment, leading change and project management based on current research. The program requires the following courses:
- Doctoral Studies Seminar (EDL-900)* — 4 credit hours
- Organizational Behavior, Theory and Leadership (EDL-901) — 4 credit hours
- Research Methods, Program Evaluation and Modes of Inquiry (RES-905) — 4 credit hours
- Legal Issues, Policy Leadership and Ethics (EDL-902) — 4 credit hours
- Leadership, Human Resources Management and Diversity (EDL-903) — 4 credit hours
- Qualitative Inquiry and Organizational Action Research (RES-910)* — 4 credit hours
- Organizational Planning, Assessment and Quality Improvement (EDL-904) — 4 credit hours
- Organizational Governance and Strategy (EDL-905) — 4 credit hours
- Organizational Finance and Resource Management (EDL-906) — 4 credit hours
- Organizational Marketing and Communication (EDL-907) — 4 credit hours
- Organizational Culture and Change Management (EDL-908) — 4 credit hours
- Quantitative Research Design and Data Analysis (RES-915)* — 4 credit hours
- Project/Research Proposal (RES-920) — 4 credit hours
- Organizational Leadership and Development Project (RES-925) — 8 credit hours
*Requires participation in a three-day, on-campus intensive residency with your cohort.
Your Next Step
Join a cohort of working professionals on the path toward leadership development. To begin, submit your application now or schedule an appointment with an enrollment counselor.