Our world needs Christ-centered influencers, professionals and musicians. A worship arts concentration prepares you to flourish as a worship musician within the Christian church.
Qualities for Career Success
Cornerstone University's academic programs reflect our commitment to develop your knowledge, skills and attitudes in five distinct yet interconnected areas: specialized knowledge, applied knowledge and collaborative learning, intellectual skills, civic and global learning and biblical worldview integration.
This means that successful completion of our Bachelor of Arts in Music: Worship Arts degree program equips you to:
- Demonstrate a broad knowledge of musical form, function and performance in a sacred context.
- Understand basic musicianship skills.
- Understand capability of form and analysis.
- Place music in historical, cultural and theological context.
- Demonstrate rudimentary capacity for composition and improvisation.
- Use technology within your area of specialization.
- Possess instrumental and/or vocal competency and leadership skill to perform individually and lead others in a worship context.
- Demonstrate technical skills requisite for artistic expression.
- Understand worship repertory and ability to perform a cross section of it.
- Demonstrate ability to sight read with fluency.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills sufficient to work as a leader.
- Demonstrate keyboard competency.
- Demonstrate collaborative competence through ensemble experience.
- Demonstrate your ability to integrate both traditional and non-traditional cognitive skills, including analytical inquiry, information literacy, quantitative fluency and communicative fluency.
- Demonstrate intercultural competence in addressing civic, social, environmental and economic issues.
- Articulate a Christ-centered worldview and its personal, professional and communal embodiment through Christian virtues.