in a New Culture
Off-Campus Semester Programs
More than international travel experience, an off-campus semester connects you with cultures, scholars and Christians around the world. From immersive international programs to unique opportunities in our nation’s leading cities, off-campus opportunities offer valuable, life-changing educational experiences.
At Cornerstone University, we believe a cross-cultural study trip that occurs in a Christian context and is motivated by a Christian worldview is the most meaningful kind of semester-abroad experience. That’s why we give priority in financial aid support and student selection to cross-cultural programs that share our Christian mission and educational perspective.
Ready to explore the world for yourself as a college student? Cornerstone partners with many international and domestic programs, including CCCU GlobalEd of the Council for Christian Colleges and Universities, Veritas and other independent programs.
Before you start making your packing list for an off-campus study experience, complete the application process for your program of choice. Applicants must have a 2.5 GPA or higher.
- Research the CU-approved, off-campus programs and select one that best suits your academic, professional and personal goals.
- Attend an informational session about off-campus programs. For more information, email Ryan Roberts.
- Submit your completed Off-Campus Semester Program application to Cornerstone’s dean of assessment and curriculum. This application is available to enrolled students via the university’s student portal. The deadline for the Cornerstone Off-Campus Semester Program application is Friday, March 1, 2024.
- Complete a program-specific application by the deadline specified on the program’s website.
Finances and Scholarships
Because off-campus study can be a valuable part of a college education, Cornerstone awards a limited number of scholarships for off-campus semester study opportunities. When you submit your off-campus semester application, you are automatically considered for off-campus semester study scholarships offered through Cornerstone.
If approved to study off-campus, you will be able to apply all federal and/or state aid or loans toward your off-campus semester study program. All institutional aid from Cornerstone does not apply.
- Students will pay a technology fee to Cornerstone in addition to the study abroad program costs.
- Payment plans are not available for off-campus programs. Payment in full is due by May 1 for summer programs, Aug. 1 for fall programs and Jan. 1 for spring programs.
- Employee remission may not be used to cover study abroad programs.