Silvio Rodriguez (’21)
At Cornerstone, I feel at home. The quality education and the community life here equip me to be the man that God wants me to be.
Undergraduate On-Campus International Students
Cornerstone University students represent more than 30 countries. Our students have a drive and passion to serve the global church and deeply value the perspective each international student brings. No matter where you are from, we are all part of God’s kingdom.
As an international student, your path toward enrollment includes additional steps like English language proficiency requirements, financial support statements and other student visa application documents that we can help you navigate.
Connect With the Admissions Office
Our admissions team is comprised of people who are passionate about the futures of students like you. Please don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions you might have about applying to Cornerstone University.
All required application materials must be submitted by June 1, including:
- Cornerstone University admission application.
- Transcript(s): Please submit high school records to World Education Services (WES) or Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE). They will then calculate a U.S. based GPA for Cornerstone based on your transcripts.
- TOEFL, IELTS or Duolingo scores (if applicable).
- Declaration of Finance form.
Please note that we do not require a recommendation letter for admission consideration.
If you are unable to submit these items by the deadline, your application will be deferred to the following fall semester. Deferred applications will only be allowed one time.
Fill Out the Financial Support Form
Once you have been accepted to Cornerstone, fill out the financial support form. The International Student Declaration of Finance form is evidence of your financial support through the date you expect to complete your degree program.
Priority Scholarship Consideration Deadline: March 30
Regular Deadline: June 1
Apply for Scholarships
Once you have been accepted to Cornerstone, you will be able to apply for a variety of scholarship opportunities based on academics, community involvement, athletics and more.
Pay Your Advanced Tuition and Housing Deposit
A $200 deposit is required after applying to Cornerstone. This ensures a spot for you in the upcoming semester and will reserve your housing and academic registration. An additional $2,800 is required after your visa is obtained. This will be applied toward your health insurance and first semester bill.
Things to Know
Please send these supporting documents to the Admissions Office in addition to your application:
- High school transcripts (minimum 2.5 GPA or higher).
- College transcripts, if applicable.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), International English Language Test System (IELTS) or Duolingo examination scores: International students who are not from an English-speaking country are required to demonstrate their proficiency in the English language by submitting their TOEFL scores. The test should be taken within one year of the application date.
- TOEFL: A 550 written or 80 internet-based minimum score required.
- IELTS: A minimum score of 6.5 required.
- Duolingo: A minimum score of 105 is required.
Application to this special program, sponsored by Cornerstone and Handong Global University or CHE, is restricted to enrolled students of either institution. Interested students should contact the appropriate university representative for proper application instructions. This exchange program is a non-degree program and, in most cases, is limited to one term of enrollment at the host campus. If you would like additional details, contact the Admissions Office by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you plan to play collegiate athletics, you must also use the InCred evaluation service through the NAIA.
International student-athletes must complete the following steps:
- Register with InCred.
- Enter their PlayNAIA ECID# into the InCred registration.
- Link their PlayNAIA and InCred accounts by clicking on the “Link your InCred Account” task via their PlayNAIA profile.
View the external resources below to learn more about studying in the United States and financing your college education.
External Financial Aid Opportunities
Resources & Guides
Connecting With Campus
We want to help you connect with campus from wherever you are! Join our student community on the ZeeMee app to meet others interested in Cornerstone and find out more about what it’s like to be a student here. You can even watch campus videos created by current CU students!
Meet Your Counselor
Each member of our admissions team is equipped with knowledge and expertise to provide you with a way forward. Your counselor is committed to helping you grow spiritually and intellectually. Together, we will find the best path for you.