We are delighted that you have decided to apply to Grand Rapids Theological Seminary! GRTS admits qualified persons without regard to denomination or association, race, national or ethnic origin, age, gender or physical ability.
We accept applications throughout the year. The best time to apply is 3-6 months before your desired start date. (You can start in the fall, spring, or summer). Keep in mind that it can take several weeks for your references to complete the reference form and for your registrar office(s) to send us your official transcripts. All applications must be completed before the semester begins.
What application should I fill out?
- If you're a new student seeking to complete a degree at GRTS, apply here.
- If you're a non-degree seeking student interested in taking four classes or less, apply here. This includes students interested in auditing a class or taking a class to transfer to another institution. Only applicants seeking to take classes for credit need to submit transcripts.
- If you're a previous student interested in returning to GRTS, apply here. If it has been more than three semesters since you've attended GRTS, please complete the New Student application.
Please note that the application process for international students requires many additional steps, such as obtaining a student visa. Visit our International Students page for more information.
What are the application requirements?
For us to consider your application, you must:
- Hold a bachelor's degree from an accredited undergraduate institution.
- Have a minimum 2.5 cumulative undergraduate GPA.
- Affirm the Cornerstone Confession.
What steps do I take to get accepted?
2. Send in your transcripts. Contact the Registrar office of your former undergraduate and graduate institution(s) to request that your current or final official transcript(s) be mailed to:
Grand Rapids Theological Seminary
1001 E Beltline Ave NE
Grand Rapids, MI 49525
3. Follow up with your references. Notify your personal and ministry references that GRTS Admissions will be e-mailing them a link to the following electronic reference forms:
If you prefer, we can send paper copies of the forms to you or your references. Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1.800.697.1133.