Past Talking Points Recordings
- Fall 2015 Talking Points: Thy Kingdom Come | New Creation Theology
During Thy Kingdom Come, pastors and ministry leaders explored new creation theology in Scripture and in the history of the Church, considering the forthcoming transformation of creation to come with the arrival of the new heaven and new earth.
- Session 1: "Introduction to New Creation" (Michael Wittmer, Ph.D.)
- Session 2: "New Creation Proclaimed" (Cornelius Plantinga, Ph.D.)
- Session 3: An Interview with Keith Getty
- Session 4: "New Creation in the New Testament" (Douglas Moo, Ph.D.)
- Session 5A: "Back to the Future" (John Duff, Ph.D.)
- Session 5B: "Why We Struggle with this Theology Today" (Martin Spence, Ph.D.)
- Session 5C: Concluding Panel Discussion
- 2014 Talking Points: Recognizing and Recovering from Addictions
Recognizing that the human phenomenon of addictions is complex since it is difficult to separate the mind, body and spirit within the human condition, these resources address the reality of addictions and the hope associated with the recovery process.
- "Addiction Intervention: Discovering the Best Route for Total Recovery" (Dr. Tina Parkman)
- "Addiction Neuropathology: Understanding the Terrain" (Dr. William Struthers)
- "Addiction Treatment: Navigating Substance Abuse Counseling Groups" (Dr. Tina Parkman)
- 2013 Talking Points: Creation in Scripture
Observing that every communicator has expectations about how he or she wishes to be heard, these resources consider how to approach reading the creation texts of Scripture.
- 2012 Talking Points: Christian Civic Engagement | Right, Responsibility, Opportunity
Generating reflection on how we might restore civility in America as a model for restoring and fostering civil discourse around the world, listen to leading scholars discuss how Christian civic engagement has taken shape in America and imagine how you might take up these rights and responsibilities as new opportunities emerge.
- "From Diatribe to Dialogue: Honoring God in Politics" (Amy Black, Ph.D.)
- "The Body of Christ: The Political Identity & Mission of the Church" (Timothy Gombis, Ph.D.)
- "A Christian Basis for American Pluralism" (George Marsden, Ph.D.)
- 2011 Talking Points: Text and Culture
As the Bible is an ancient text written to an ancient culture and a relevant word from God himself for today, consider the challenges of understanding the meaning of the biblical text in its original context and speaking the relevance of the Bible to our contemporary culture.