The Academic Leadership team reflects the university's commitment to excellence in undergraduate, adult, and seminary education. Staff members oversee and ensure adherence to the institution's vision to "create a thriving community of fully-devoted followers of Jesus Christ in a spiritually contagious, academically excellent, richly resourced, and culturally diverse learning environment that attracts outstanding students, faculty, and staff who influence our world for Christ, his church, and his kingdom."
Academic Leadership Team
- Executive Vice President for Academics
Dr. John VerBerkmoes serves as the Dean of Grand Rapids Theological Seminary and Executive Vice President for Academics.
- Office Location: Grand Rapids Theological Seminary (3000 Leonard Street NE, Grand Rapids, Mich.)
- Vice President for Adult Learning
Dr. Peter Osborn accepted the role of Vice President for Adult Learning in 2015.
- Office Location: Professional and Graduate Studies Building (300 East Beltline Avenue NE, Grand Rapids, Mich.)
- Vice President for Traditional Undergraduate Academics
Dr. Shawn Newhouse serves as the Vice President for Traditional Undergraduate Academics.
- Office Location: Cornerstone University (1001 East Beltline Avenue NE, Grand Rapids, Mich.)
Traditional Undergraduate Academic Deans
- Dean of Accreditation and Curriculum
Dr. Pete Muir serves as the Dean of Accreditation and Curriculum, working with the Core Curriculum Committee, developing partnerships with academic institutions, facilitating innovations to the Traditional Undergraduate program, serving as academic liaison of the first-year experience, and overseeing activities of the Institutional Research Board.
- Associate Dean of Assessment and Student Success
Emily Gratson assumed the position of Associate Dean of Assessment and Student Success in 2015. Gratson leads university initiatives in areas of assessment and retention.