Cornerstone University's Enactus chapter is a student-led organization facilitated through the Business Division. Enactus is open to all traditional undergraduates students—regardless of your major—and meets on a bi-weekly basis.
The mission of Cornerstone's Enactus team is to utilize the talents and passions of student leaders to meet the needs of today in a manner that is sustainable for tomorrow. As a member of Enactus, you'll benefit from networking opportunities, leadership training and global-minded projects that challenge you to creatively solve problems and effectively communicate.
Student-Led Entrepreneurship Projects
Each year, we establish project teams that identify global and local entrepreneurship-related needs, create solutions and take action. Here is a summary of our key initiatives from recent years.
- International Artisan Market: During this annual on-campus event, vendors sell handmade items from local and international artisans, raising money and awareness in our community for artisans all over the globe.
- Marketplace for Middle School Students: This project team mentors students as they create companies that ultimately sell their products to the community at a winter marketplace and grow their business.
- Exam Survival Kits: Each semester, we give parents an opportunity to purchase an exam survival kit for a student. The kit includes snacks, treats and other fun surprises sure to make finals week just a little bit better.
- EsperanzaArt: This team sells handmade jewelry from artisans in Ecuador to provide a sustainable income. Tasks include designing an online store, maintaining an on-campus inventory and connecting with local vendors.
- AfricaWorks: The AfricaWorks project helps this organization end poverty one farmer at a time by purchasing Macadamia Nut trees, allowing locals to have a sustainable income.
- Guatemala Village Project: This project focuses on technology, recycling and special needs children and adults.
- Prom Dress Project: This team collects prom dresses from the CU students and members of the Grand Rapids community, hosting a spring boutique for high school students to purchase a low-cost dress, build their confidence and support others.
Professional Business Presentation Experience
Looking to improve your presentation skills and get in front of business leaders? The Enactus presentation team offers the perfect opportunity to improve your public speaking skills.
As part of CU Enactus' presentation team, you'll annually present the results of our various entrepreneurship projects to business leaders at the regional competition in Chicago, Ill. If selected for a top award, the presentation team then progresses on to the national competition in Missouri prior to the Enactus World Cup.
Awards and Recognitions
- Regional Champion at the 2018 Enactus Regional Championship (Chicago, Ill.)
- Third Place Finish in League at the 2017 National Exposition (Kansas City, Mo.)
- Regional Champion at the 2017 Enactus Regional Championship (Rosemont, Ill.)
- Second Place Finish in Opening Round of the 2016 National Exposition (St. Louis, Mo.)
- Regional Champion at the 2016 Enactus Regional Championship (Lombard, Ill.)
- First Round Finalist at the 2015 National Exposition
- First Round Finalist at the 2014 National Exposition
- Regional Competition Champion (2013)
- First Runner-Up at the 2012 Regional Competition
- Regional Competition Champion (2011)
- Rookie of the Year at 2010 Regional and National Competitions