The Master of Arts in Biblical Studies (MABS) is designed to deepen your knowledge of the Bible through pursuing advanced biblical and theological studies. Developing skills in biblical interpretation and an understanding of the Christian worldview are central components of the degree program.
A Master of Arts in Biblical Studies degree:
- Promotes your personal, spiritual and professional growth through advanced biblical, theological, and ministerial education
- Enhances your immediate effectiveness, knowledge and competency in biblical interpretation and ministry
- Encourages your pursuit of peer, lifelong education and the continuing development of essential personal and professional ministry skills
- Offers an inviting environment for ministry professionals and lay to pursue continuing education that offers spiritual, theological and leadership formation and training
Cornerstone University confers the M.A. in Biblical Studies degree, which is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. The degree is not intended as a basis for doctoral study.
Cornerstone University also offers Association of Theological Schools (ATS) accredited Seminary degrees through Grand Rapids Theological Seminary. M.A. Biblical Studies students work in consortium with GRTS as the graduate bookstore is located at the GRTS building and professors teach for both the CU programs and GRTS programs.
- School: CU Online
- Division: CU Online
- Degree Type: Master of Arts
- Format: Online
- Location: Grand Rapids
A Master of Arts in Biblical Studies will provide a wide range of opportunities for employment. Whether you want to work in a church, para-church ministry, non-profit, or other Christian organization, there is a career option that will work for you!
- Preaching & Teaching Minister
- Small Group Pastor
- Christian Education Pastor
- Associate Pastor
- Youth Minister
The M.A. in Biblical Studies degree is cohort-based, which means that groups of 15-20 students journey through the program together. The program consists of 36-credit hours. The program curriculum contains a core of Bible and theology classes with opportunities for specialization through additional Bible and elective courses.
Convenience and Flexibility
With course offerings online, you will maximize your educational experience while still maintaining your work and family life. Online classes will be taken in a 15-week format. This allows students to complete the program in 2-4 years!