Following God's call means learning to hear God speak. The Master of Divinity degree provides specialized training in understanding the Bible and how to grow in your knowledge of God. You will learn to read the Bible in the original languages, visit the land of Israel, and deepen your understanding of theology. Specialized ministry training prepares you for ministry in today's culture with an emphasis on spiritual formation.
- 94 credits
- Emphasis on Biblical training for ministry
- Study Greek & Hebrew along with advanced Biblical exegesis courses
- Faculty-led trip to Israel included in program
- Choose from 7 areas of ministry specialization
- 77% of students receive financial aid
- Specialized scholarship for Master of Divinity students
- Earn 1/4 of your classes online
- Practical ministry training through the Ministry Residency program
- Flexible class scheduling
- Complete the program in 3-4 years
The Master of Divinity degree is the historical standard in academic preparation for both vocational ministry and advanced theological study. We designed our program to develop essential biblical and theological competencies in leaders of congregations and other ministries. The Master of Divinity degree is also an attractive option if you are interested in building a foundation for more advanced study.
The program checklist lists the courses required for for the Master of Divinity degree. Depending on how many classes you want to take each semester, the typical Master of Divinity student completes the program in 3-4 years (full-time) or 5-6 years (part-time). Full-time students take 11+ credits per semester and part-time students take 5-6 credits per semester.
Degree Completion Plan
The following document is a sample of how you might arrange courses for the Master of Divinity degree program. We encourage you to arrange your course plan in a way that will fit your own desired course loads, interests and available dates and times. Depending on how many classes you want to take each semester, the average M.Div. student completes the program in 3-4 years. The average full-time student takes 12 credits per semester; the average part-time student takes 6 credits per semester.
Ministry Career Opportunities