At our core, we are compelled and inspired by Jesus Christ. Of all the relationships you’ll develop at Cornerstone, your relationship with Him rises above the rest. As you grow spiritually, a diverse community of Christ followers is growing with you. We worship together, pray together, learn together and are challenged by each other to make a difference in our world for Jesus Christ.
- A Spiritual Oasis: Our chapel provides an opportunity to address the spiritual dimension of our personal lives or the corporate life of our community in an unusually direct manner.
- A Worship Service: We aspire to provide a service of worship which brings glory to God and to minister to our community.
- An Explicitly Christ-Centered Occasion: Historically, Christian education has regularly featured a communal chapel service. A chapel protects our university from the too common drift away from God and toward secularization.
- A Unifying Event: The very act of gathering together cuts against individualism and trains us to see ourselves as a community summoned in praise of God. The gospel has more power to unite us than our individual affinities have to pull us apart.
Traditional Undergraduate Chapel Schedule
- Wednesday, September 14: Organ Dedication Service
- Wednesday, September 21: Matt & Laurie Krieg (CU & GRTS Alums, Hole in My Heart Ministries)
- Wednesday, September 28: Torah Scroll Dedication
- Friday, September 30: Jena Lee Nardella (Author of Terra Firma Book)
- Wednesday, October 19: Sheridan Voysey (writer, speaker, broadcaster from Oxford, England)
- Monday, November 14: Pastor Troy Evans (The Edge Urban Fellowship)
- Monday, December 5: Advent Chapel featuring University Chorale