At our core, we are compelled and inspired by Jesus Christ. Of all the relationships you'll develop at Cornerstone, your relationship with Him rises above the rest. Here, our chapel services offer:
- A spiritual oasis. Our chapel provides an opportunity to address the spiritual dimension of our personal lives or the corporate life of our community in an unusually direct manner.
- A worship service. We aspire to provide a service of worship which brings glory to God and to minister to our community.
- An explicitly Christ-centered occasion. Historically, Christian education has regularly featured a communal chapel service. A chapel protects our university from the too common drift away from God and toward secularization.
- A unifying event. The very act of gathering together cuts against individualism and trains us to see ourselves as a community summoned in praise of God. The gospel has more power to unite us than our individual affinities have to pull us apart.
As you grow spiritually, a diverse community of Christ followers is growing with you. At Cornerstone, we worship together, pray together, learn together and are challenged by each other to make a difference in our world for Jesus Christ.
Worship With Us
During the academic year, our community meets for corporate worship on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays at 10 a.m. in Christ Chapel. We also host Evensong, a student-led worship gathering for area college students, on Sunday evenings at 9 p.m.
We invite you to join us for teachings on how you can courageously live out the truths of the Gospel. In light of the 500th anniversary of the Protestant Reformation, our chapel series for the fall semester focuses on the core tenets of this key event in church history. Specifically, we have grouped our chapel services and spiritual formation activities around the Solas—Sola Scriptura (Scripture alone), Sola Fide (faith alone), Sola Gratia (grace alone), Solus Christus (through Christ alone) and Soli Deo Gloria (God's glory alone).
- Friday, Jan. 19—Vertical Worship
- Sunday, Jan. 21—Evensong
- Monday, Jan. 22—MLK Chapel: Kenneth Russell
- Wednesday, Jan. 24—Series Introduction: Student Development Panel
- Friday, Jan. 26—Praise Chapel
- Sunday, Jan. 28—Evensong
- Monday, Jan. 29—Chip Huber
- Wednesday, Jan. 31—Andrew Palau
- Friday, Feb. 2—Praise Chapel
- Sunday, Feb. 4—Evensong
- Monday, Feb. 5—Troy Evans and Adam & Christy Lipscomb
- Wednesday, Feb. 7—Marvin Williams, Pastor of Trinity Church
- Friday, Feb. 9—Praise Chapel: Day of Prayer
- Sunday, Feb. 11—Evensong
- Monday, Feb. 12—Christina Edmondson
- Wednesday, Feb. 14—Chorale: Lent Chapel
- Friday, Feb. 16—Praise Chapel
- Sunday, Feb. 18—Evensong
- Monday, Feb. 19—Dawn Damon and Julian Newman
- Wednesday, Feb. 21—Trillia Newbell
- Friday, Feb. 23—Tim Davis, ELIC
- Sunday, Feb. 25—Evensong
- Monday, Feb. 26—Departmental Advising
- Wednesday, Feb. 28—Dr. Joe Stowell, President
- Friday, March 2—Scott Courey
- Monday, March 12—Rachel Rounds, CU Student
- Wednesday, March 14—Rod Reed, John Brown University
- Friday, March 16—Dr. Joe Stowell, President
- Sunday, March 18—Evensong
- Monday, March 19—Josh Blunt, Sunshine Community Church
- Wednesday, March 21—Ed Stetzer, Moody
- Friday, March 23—Praise Chapel
- Sunday, March 25—Evensong
- Monday, March 26—Laura Whaley, CU Alum
- Wednesday, March 28—Good Friday Chapel
- Wednesday, April 4—Resurrection Chapel
- Friday, April 6—Rod VanSolkema, Crossroads Bible Church
- Sunday, April 8—Evensong
- Monday, April 9—Departmental Worship
- Wednesday, April 11—Dr. Joe Stowell, President
- Friday, April 13—Praise Chapel
- Sunday, April 15—Evensong
- Monday, April 16—Susan Burner
- Wednesday, April 18—Praise Chapel
- Friday, April 20—Ray Chang, Wheaton College
- Sunday, April 22—Evensong
- Monday, April 23—Rachel Hammond
- Wednesday, April 25—Jim Dekker
- Friday, April 27—Praise Chapel
- Sunday, April 29—Evensong
Follow Cornerstone University on SoundCloud to listen to audio recordings of recent chapel messages.