At our core, we are compelled and inspired by Jesus Christ. Of all the relationships you’ll develop at Cornerstone, your relationship with Him rises above the rest. As you grow spiritually, a diverse community of Christ followers is growing with you. We worship together, pray together, learn together and are challenged by each other to make a difference in our world for Jesus Christ.
- A Spiritual Oasis: Our chapel provides an opportunity to address the spiritual dimension of our personal lives or the corporate life of our community in an unusually direct manner.
- A Worship Service: We aspire to provide a service of worship which brings glory to God and to minister to our community.
- An Explicitly Christ-Centered Occasion: Historically, Christian education has regularly featured a communal chapel service. A chapel protects our university from the too common drift away from God and toward secularization.
- A Unifying Event: The very act of gathering together cuts against individualism and trains us to see ourselves as a community summoned in praise of God. The gospel has more power to unite us than our individual affinities have to pull us apart.
Traditional Undergraduate Chapel Schedule
How do you receive wisdom as a gift and cultivate it as a pursuit? This fall semester's traditional undergraduate chapel services focus on the virtue of wisdom as seen in the book of Proverbs.
Join us for teachings that reflect on how you can apply wisdom to various practical topics such as relationships and sex, work and vocation, finances, words, family and conflict.
- Wednesday, Sept. 7 — Convocation
- Friday, Sept. 9 — Series Introduction
- Sunday, Sept. 11 — Evensong (Residence Hall)
- Monday, Sept. 12 — Susan Burner, Associate Chaplain
- Wednesday, Sept. 14 — Organ Dedication Service
- Friday, Sept. 16 — Charles Alber, CU Board of Trustees
- Sunday, Sept. 18 — Evensong
- Monday, Sept. 19 — Gerald Longjohn, V.P. for Student Development
- Wednesday, Sept. 21 — Matt & Laurie Krieg, Hole in My Heart Ministries
- Friday, Sept. 23 — Praise Chapel
- Sunday, Sept. 25 — Evensong
- Monday, Sept. 26 Departmental (Worship)
- Wednesday, Sept. 28 — Torah Scroll Dedication
- Friday, Sept. 30 — Jena Lee Nardella, Author of One Thousand Wells
- Sunday, Oct. 2 — Evensong
- Monday, Oct. 3 — Mallery Neptune, Haiti Foundation Against Poverty
- Wednesday, Oct. 5 — Palmer Chinchen, Author of The Barefoot Tribe
- Friday, Oct. 7 — GO Week Prayer Chapel
- Wednesday, Oct. 12 — Bob Priolo, Director of Campus Services
- Friday, Oct. 14 — Rachel Hammond, Assistant Professor of Business
- Sunday, Oct. 16 — Evensong
- Monday, Oct. 17 — Departmental (Advising)
- Wednesday, Oct. 19 — Sheridan Voysey, Author of Resilient
- Friday, Oct. 21 — Royce Evans, Assistant Professor of Pastoral Ministries at GRTS
- Sunday, Oct. 23 — Evensong
- Monday, Oct. 24 — Scott Morter, Associate Professor of Business
- Wednesday, Oct. 26 — Dee Mooney, Chief Financial Officer
- Friday, Oct. 28 — Dr. Stowell
- Sunday, Oct. 30 — Evensong
- Monday, Oct. 31 — Praise Chapel
- Wednesday, Nov. 2 — Chip Huber, Associate V.P. for Student Development & Director of Athletics
- Friday, Nov. 4 — Mark Muha, Resident Director
- Sunday, Nov. 6 — Evensong
- Monday, Nov. 7 — Dennis Moles, Teaching Pastor at Bella Vista Church
- Wednesday, Nov. 9 — Praise Chapel
- Friday, Nov. 11 — Scott Courey, Director of Counseling, Health and Wellness
- Sunday, Nov. 13 — Evensong
- Monday, Nov. 14 — Troy Evans, Pastor of The Edge
- Wednesday, Nov. 16 — Dr. Stowell
- Friday, Nov. 18 — Kimberly Bytwerk, Resident Director
- Sunday, Nov. 20 — Evensong
- Monday, Nov. 21 — Jim Farrell, Head Coach for Women's Softball
- Monday, Nov. 28 — Dave Weaver, Events Manager & AV Technician
- Wednesday, Nov. 30 — Praise Chapel
- Friday, Dec. 2 — Dr. Stowell
- Sunday, Dec. 4 — Evensong
- Monday, Dec. 5 — Advent Chapel (University Chorale)
- Wednesday, Dec. 7 — Global Christmas Traditions
- Friday, Dec. 9 — Praise Chapel
- Sunday, Dec. 11 — Christmas Evensong