At our core, we are compelled and inspired by Jesus Christ. Of all the relationships you'll develop at Cornerstone, your relationship with Him rises above the rest.
As you grow spiritually, a diverse community of Christ followers is growing with you. We worship together, pray together, learn together and are challenged by each other to make a difference in our world for Jesus Christ.
- A spiritual oasis. Our chapel provides an opportunity to address the spiritual dimension of our personal lives or the corporate life of our community in an unusually direct manner.
- A worship service. We aspire to provide a service of worship which brings glory to God and to minister to our community.
- An explicitly Christ-centered occasion. Historically, Christian education has regularly featured a communal chapel service. A chapel protects our university from the too common drift away from God and toward secularization.
- A unifying event. The very act of gathering together cuts against individualism and trains us to see ourselves as a community summoned in praise of God. The gospel has more power to unite us than our individual affinities have to pull us apart.
Spring 2017 Schedule
Courage and justice matter. Join us for teachings that reflect on how you can courageously live out the truths of the Gospel.
- Friday, Jan. 20 — Vertical Church Band
- Sunday, Jan. 22 — Evensong (Ruth 1)
- Monday, Jan. 23 — MLK Celebration: Dr. Lonnie Brown & Pastor Scottie Pearson
- Wednesday, Jan. 25 — Praise Chapel
- Friday, Jan. 27 — Dr. Gerald Longjohn, VP for Student Development
- Sunday, Jan. 29 — Evensong (Ruth 2)
- Monday, Jan. 30 — Chip Huber, Associate VP for Student Development & Director of Athletics
- Wednesday, Feb. 1 — Kevin Palau, President of the Luis Palau Association
- Friday, Feb. 3 — Praise Chapel
- Monday, Feb. 6 — Kim Nguyen, Assistant Professor of Old Testament
- Wednesday, Feb. 8 — Sona Kazanjian, City Ministries Coordinator at Fellowship of the Emirates
- Friday, Feb. 10 — Praise Chapel
- Sunday, Feb. 12 — Evensong (Ruth 3)
- Monday, Feb. 13 — Jennifer Greer, Adjunct Professor of Bible at GRTS
- Wednesday, Feb. 15 — David Mosterd, Holland Christian High School Chaplain
- Friday, Feb. 17 — Praise Chapel
- Sunday, Feb. 19 — Evensong (Ruth 4)
- Monday, Feb. 20 — Guthrie Collins, Assistant Resident Director
- Wednesday, Feb. 22 — Amy Peterson, Taylor University and Author of Dangerous Territory
- Friday, Feb. 24 — Praise Chapel: Day of Prayer
- Sunday, Feb. 26 — Evensong (1 John 1:1-2:6)
- Monday, Feb. 27 — Beacon Light
- Wednesday, March 1 — Lent Chapel led by Chorale
- Friday, March 3 — Bonnie Gatchell, Director of Route One Ministry
- Monday, March 13 — Departmental Advising
- Wednesday, March 15 — Artie Lindsay, Pastor
- Friday, March 17 — Dr. Stowell
- Sunday, March 19 — Evensong (1 John 2:7-17)
- Monday, March 20 — Susan Burner, Associate Chaplain
- Wednesday, March 22 — Dr. Vincent Bacote, Associate Professor of Theology and Director of Center for Applied Christian Ethics at Wheaton
- Friday, March 24 — Praise Chapel
- Sunday, March 26 — Evensong (1 John 2:18-3:3)
- Monday, March 27 — Kimberly Bytwerk, Resident Director
- Wednesday, March 29 — Paul Marshall, Senior Fellow at the Hudson Institute's Center for Religious Freedom
- Friday, March 31 — Praise Chapel
- Sunday, April 2 — Evensong (1 John 3:4-18)
- Monday, April 3 — Departmental Chapel
- Wednesday, April 5 — Kevin DeVries, Grace Explorations
- Friday, April 7 — Kelly Ellis and Lori Cook, Base Camp Sabaoth Ministries
- Sunday, April 9 — Evensong (1 John 3:19-4:12)
- Monday, April 10 — Chad LaForce, Instructor of Digital Design
- Wednesday, April 12 — Good Friday Chapel
- Wednesday, April 19 — Dr. Stowell
- Friday, April 21 — Praise Chapel
- Sunday, April 23 — Evensong (1 John 4:13-5:5)
- Monday, April 24 — Nola Carew, Associate Professor of Social Work
- Wednesday, April 26 — Matt Bonzo, Professor of Philosophy
- Friday, April 28 — Praise Chapel
- Sunday, April 30 — Evensong (1 John 5:6-21)