Joelle Henry (’22)
My parents don’t pay for a penny of my schooling, and Cornerstone did an amazing job financially to help me to come to the school that I fell in love with.
UndergraduateDedicated to Helping
You Reach Your Full Potential
Payment Plan Options
Tuition statements are sent in July for the fall semester, December for the spring semester and April for the summer semester. The balance is due the first day of class or the date you move on campus, whichever date is earlier. To avoid late fees, you may either pay the balance in full, have approved federal/private loans to cover the balance or have a confirmed payment plan set up by the due date.
If the balance is not paid or approved payment arrangements have not been made by the initial due date, a $100 late fee will be applied. A $25 per month additional fee will be applied for each succeeding month. For those on a monthly payment plan, a $10 per month late fee will be applied for missed payments.
Check or Money Order
To pay your balance or submit a payment by check or money order, please make your form of payment payable to Cornerstone University and include your account holder number on the memo line. Payments can be mailed to:
Accounting & Finance
1001 East Beltline Ave NE
Grand Rapids, MI 49525
Credit Card, Debit Card or Automated Clearing House Credit Transfer
You may pay a tuition balance and associated fees via Automatic Bank Payment or credit card options. If you choose to make your payment using a credit card or debit card rather than by ACH from your checking or savings account, a 2.5% transaction fee will be assessed on each payment. There is no transaction fee for those who use their checking or savings accounts for payment.
Payments can be submitted online through your Self-Service account. Please note that a negative balance or credit is not money that you owe but will receive at the appropriate time. Here’s a step-by-step guide to make an online payment:
- Using your Cornerstone University username and password, log into my.cornerstone.edu.
- Select ‘Self-Service’ on the left under the Tools Menu.
- Re-enter your Cornerstone username and password.
- An options menu will be in the upper right corner for you to select from.
Monthly Payment Plan Enrollment
Cornerstone University offers Nelnet Campus Commerce as a convenient budget plan. This is not a loan program. You have no debt, there are no interest or finance charges assessed and there is no credit check. There is a non-refundable enrollment fee that is due at the time of enrollment to activate the payment plan.
You may budget your tuition and fees via Automatic Bank Payment or credit card options. If you choose to make your monthly payments using a credit card or debit card, a 2.5% transaction fee will be assessed on each payment. There is no transaction fee for those who use their checking or savings accounts for payment. To register for a monthly payment plan, enroll online.
- Semester Plan: $55 (five months or less ending by December or May)
- If changes are made to your tuition statement after you have enrolled in Nelnet or paid your balance in full, you are responsible to pay the new balance or make the appropriate change in your payment plan to cover the new balance.
- You must sign up for the Nelnet program each semester, being enrolled for the fall semester does not automatically enroll you for the spring semester.
- Enrollment fees are applied to each new enrollment period.
Who to Contact With Questions About Your Tuition Statement
If you feel the amount reflected on your semester tuition statement is not accurate due to recent changes in class registration, financial aid, meal plan choices, room and board or course fees, call 616.949.5300 and request the department designated below.
- Tuition Charges: Registrar’s Office
- Course Fees: Academic Advisor or Professor
- Room and Board: Student Development
- Vehicle Registration Fee: Campus Safety or Student Financial Services
- Financial Aid (Scholarships, Grants and Loans): Student Financial Services