The management major prepares you to lead change in an organization. It equips you with a working knowledge of project management skills and processes. It trains you to as a strategic, collaborative and solutions-oriented professional. And it positions you to excel as a Christ-centered, people-oriented servant leader.
Here, you can expect to learn how to lead and manage people. We intentionally limit class sizes because we value relational learning. This means you'll receive more in-class attention from professors who are committed to seeing you thrive in your faith and work.
Why Cornerstone University?
- Get involved in leadership development. Student-led organizations, clubs and initiatives give you the chance to apply leadership principles in meaningful ways. For example, Enactus works to address local and international needs with sustainable solutions.
- Expand your career options. Based on your vocational interests, take advantage of the opportunity to add a second major such as computer information systems or international business to your four-year plan. This further increases your marketability as a young business professional.
- Fast-track your career advancement. Business management majors have the opportunity to qualify for advanced standing in our Master of Business Administration (MBA) program. This gives you the option to earn a bachelor's and master's degree in as few as five years.
- School: Traditional Undergrad Academics
- Division: Business
- Degree Type: Bachelor of Science, Minor
- Format: Residential
- Location: Grand Rapids
- Financial manager
- Human resource manager
- Industrial production manager
- Medical and health services manager
A well-rounded list of liberal arts and major classes prepare you to excel as an innovative, character-driven professional. And trained advisers provide the personalized, strengths-focused guidance you need to thrive as a college student and complete your degree.
Download a semester-by-semester class planning guide. This shows how you can finish your degree in four years.
Here, 100% of traditional undergraduate students complete an academic internship or practicum. More than a graduation requirement, this hands-on opportunity helps you explore your vocation and gain the practical experience necessary for career success.
With support from campus resources such as the Center for Career & Life Calling, our students have landed internships at organizations such as:
- Acton Institute
- Midwest Energy Group
- Spectrum Health
- West Michigan Sports Commission
Cornerstone graduates are influencers in their work, neighborhoods and world for Christ. You can find them building lives that matter in West Michigan and countries around the world.
Because of their broad knowledge base, major-specific skills and servant leadership qualities, they've contributed value to teams at:
- Dow AgroSciences
- Farmers Insurance
- Gentex Corporation
- Paulson Wealth Management
- Women At Risk, International