The missions aviation major combines your interests in biblical studies, intercultural studies and aviation technology. It provides valuable theological and technical training for work on the mission field. It equips you to communicate the Bible's message with diverse audiences. And it empowers you to excel as a Christ-centered influencer in our world.
Our partnership with the School of Missionary Aviation Technology (SMAT), a nationally accredited aviation school, ensures that you have the specialized knowledge necessary for your vocation. The required year-long, off-campus program provides in-depth instruction on aircraft maintenance and positions you for an elective second year in flight training courses.
Why Cornerstone University?
- Expect more interaction with expert faculty. At Cornerstone, we intentionally limit class sizes because we value relational learning. This means you'll receive more in-class attention from professors who are committed to seeing you thrive.
- Enrich your perspective. Cornerstone is a multi-denominational learning community. This allows you to hear different voices and consider new perspectives from within a shared confessional base.
- Get involved in leadership development. Student-led organizations, clubs and initiatives give you the chance to apply leadership principles in meaningful ways. For example, Enactus works to address local and international needs with sustainable solutions.
- School: Traditional Undergrad Academics
- Division: Bible, Religion & Ministry
- Degree Type: Bachelor of Science
- Format: Residential
- Location: Grand Rapids
This program is a Bible, Religion, & Ministry degree with a concentration in Missions Aviation. Students enrolled in this program are prepared academically to engage with missions organizations that employ missionary aviators.
A well-rounded list of liberal arts and major classes prepare you to excel as an innovative, character-driven professional. And trained advisers provide the personalized, strengths-focused guidance you need to thrive as a college student and complete your degree.
Download a semester-by-semester class planning guide. This shows how you can finish your degree in four years.
Missions aviation majors can qualify for advanced standing at Grand Rapids Theological Seminary.
This gives you the option to apply up to 24 credits of your bachelor's degree toward a master's degree in divinity, ministry, biblical studies or counseling.
Cornerstone alumni are tireless in their passion to influence our world for Christ as servant leaders. You can find CU graduates building lives that matter at workplaces based in West Michigan and beyond.
- Duncan Aviation
- Executive Air Transport, Inc.
- Kent Intermediate School District