The missions aviation major combines your interests in biblical studies, intercultural studies and aviation technology. It provides valuable theological and technical training for work on the mission field. It equips you to communicate the Bible's message with diverse audiences. And it empowers you to excel as a Christ-centered influencer in our world.
Our partnership with the School of Missionary Aviation Technology (SMAT), a nationally accredited aviation school, ensures that you have the specialized knowledge necessary for your vocation. The required year-long, off-campus program provides in-depth instruction on aircraft maintenance and positions you for an elective second year in flight training courses.
Why Cornerstone University?
- Expect more interaction with expert faculty. At Cornerstone, we intentionally limit class sizes because we value relational learning. This means you'll receive more in-class attention from professors who are committed to seeing you thrive.
- Enrich your perspective. Cornerstone is a multi-denominational learning community. This allows you to hear different voices and consider new perspectives from within a shared confessional base.
- Get involved in leadership development. Student-led organizations, clubs and initiatives give you the chance to apply leadership principles in meaningful ways. For example, Enactus works to address local and international needs with sustainable solutions.
- School: Traditional Undergrad Academics
- Division: Bible, Religion & Ministry
- Degree Type: Bachelor of Science
- Format: Residential
- Location: Grand Rapids
This program is a Bible, Religion, & Ministry degree with a concentration in Missions Aviation. Students enrolled in this program are prepared academically to engage with missions organizations that employ missionary aviators.
From personable faculty to one-on-one advising appointments, we have resources to support you in reaching your goals and being successful in your classes.
See our sample degree plan for the list of classes you'll take as a missions aviation major.
Missions aviation majors can qualify for advanced standing at Grand Rapids Theological Seminary.
This gives you the option to apply up to 24 credits of your bachelor's degree toward a master's degree in divinity, ministry, biblical studies or counseling.100%
of traditional undergraduate Bible Division students from the class of 2018 were working or enrolled in graduate school within six months of graduation.
Importantly, our recent graduates also shared that they love their work. Of respondents, 95 percent reported a genuine interest in what they are doing.
Cornerstone alumni are tireless in their passion to influence our world for Christ as servant leaders. You can find CU graduates building lives that matter at workplaces based in West Michigan and beyond.
- Duncan Aviation
- Executive Air Transport, Inc.
- Kent Intermediate School District
College Is About More Than a Degree
At Cornerstone, knowledge is about more than memorizing facts. Here, you will develop a deeper understanding of people, life and God. You will conquer challenges, grow in wisdom and make more memories than you can count.
For seven reasons on why a four-year, liberal arts Christian college is a great choice and wise investment, download our guide.