Prepare to be the catalyst between writer and reader. Develop the skills needed to communicate, edit and analyze. And be equipped with knowledge to conduct your work through a lens of faith.
Why Cornerstone University?
- Expect more interaction with expert faculty. At Cornerstone, we intentionally limit class sizes because we value relational learning and collaboration. This means you'll receive more in-class attention from professors who are committed to seeing you thrive and care about you as a whole person.
- Attend on-campus workshops. Each year, Cornerstone hosts Breathe Christian Writers Conference, a two-day writing conference. This gives you an opportunity to meet area writers and network with editors.
- School: Traditional Undergrad Academics
- Division: Humanities
- Degree Type: Bachelor of Arts
- Format: Residential
- Location: Grand Rapids
A bachelor's degree in publishing prepares you for a range of career options and graduate programs.
- Copy editor
- Editorial assistant
- Media relations
- Promotion specialist
- Publicity manager
- Technical writer
A well-rounded list of liberal arts and major classes prepare you to excel as an innovative, character-driven professional. And trained advisers provide the personalized, strengths-focused guidance you need to thrive as a college student and complete your degree.
Download a semester-by-semester class planning guide. This shows how you can finish your degree in four years.
Here, 100% of traditional undergraduate students complete an academic internship or practicum. More than a graduation requirement, this hands-on opportunity helps you explore your vocation and gain the practical experience necessary for career success.
With support from campus resources such as the Center for Career & Life Calling, our students have landed internships at organizations such as:
- Baker Publishing
- Ford Motor Company
- Oakland Press
- Rockford Squire Newspaper
- Women At Risk, International
of our traditional undergraduate publishing majors from the class of 2016 were working within six months of graduation.