Prepare to be the catalyst between writer and reader. Develop the skills needed to communicate, edit and analyze. And be equipped with knowledge to conduct your work through a lens of faith.
Why Cornerstone University?
- Expect more interaction with expert faculty. At Cornerstone, we intentionally limit class sizes because we value relational learning and collaboration. This means you'll receive more in-class attention from professors who are committed to seeing you thrive and care about you as a whole person.
- Attend on-campus workshops. Each year, Cornerstone hosts Breathe Christian Writers Conference, a two-day writing conference. This gives you an opportunity to meet area writers and network with editors.
- School: Traditional Undergrad Academics
- Division: Humanities
- Degree Type: Bachelor of Arts
- Format: Residential
- Location: Grand Rapids
A bachelor's degree in publishing prepares you for a range of career options and graduate programs.
- Copy editor
- Editorial assistant
- Media relations
- Promotion specialist
- Publicity manager
- Technical writer
From personable faculty to one-on-one advising appointments, we have resources to support you in reaching your goals and being successful in your classes.
See our sample degree plan for the list of classes you'll take as a publishing major.
All traditional undergraduate students complete an academic internship or practicum. This experience helps you explore your calling and gain practical career skills.
With guidance from the Center for Career & Life Calling, our students land internships at trusted businesses and nonprofits around the world.
- Baker Publishing
- Ford Motor Company
- Oakland Press
- Rockford Squire Newspaper
- Women At Risk, International
of traditional undergraduate humanities students from the class of 2018 were working or enrolled in graduate school within six months of graduation.
Importantly, our recent graduates also shared that they love their work. Of respondents, 86 percent reported a genuine interest in what they are doing.
Cornerstone alumni are tireless in their passion to influence our world for Christ as servant leaders. You can find CU graduates building lives that matter at workplaces based in West Michigan and beyond.
- Baker Publishing Group
College Is About More Than a Degree
At Cornerstone, knowledge is about more than memorizing facts. Here, you will develop a deeper understanding of people, life and God. You will conquer challenges, grow in wisdom and make more memories than you can count.
For seven reasons on why a four-year, liberal arts Christian college is a great choice and wise investment, download our guide.