M.S. in Sport ManagementDrive Your Team
Master of Science in Sport Management
A Master of Science in sport management from Cornerstone University prepares you to succeed as a professional in any sports-related industry, whether you’re interested in coaching, management or administrative roles. This flexible, 36-credit program focuses on sport ethics, marketing, operations and more. You’ll graduate with the confidence you need to be a kingdom-driven leader in the sport industry.
Not yet accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Master of Science
Lead Your Team With a Kingdom Focus
Strong skills in sport management are highly sought after by athletic teams and organizations all over the country and the world. From high school baseball teams to the NBA, qualified professionals are needed to keep programs organized and athletes working together. Through the Master of Science in sport management at Cornerstone, you’ll become equipped with:
- Specialized knowledge in sport management, including in marketing, facilities and operations.
- Applied knowledge through real-world scenarios.
- Intellectual skills like critical thinking, information literacy and communication fluency.
- Intercultural competence and biblical worldview integration.
- A completed bachelor’s degree with a minimum 2.7 GPA from an accredited institution
- Official college and/or military transcripts
- International Students: TOEFL or IELTS score
Next Program Start Date
At Cornerstone, you’ll move through your degree by taking one to two courses per session through our flexible term-based model. Each session is seven weeks.
Classes start on May 8 and July 5, 2023
Classes start on Aug. 30 and Oct. 25, 2023
Classes start on Jan. 16 and Mar. 13, 2024
Of students work full time while pursuing a degree.
Projected increase of entertainment and sports occupations by 2030 (Bureau of Labor Statistics, 2022).
Each course is seven weeks.
Course List and
Courses in the Master of Science in sport management concentrate on sport governance, law, ethics, marketing and operations. Integrated in this program is also a business management core, which will equip you with skills in research methods, decision making and budgeting for your organization.
- IDS-5XX Introduction to Graduate Studies
- BUS-505 Research Methods
- MGT-542 Organizational Decision-Making
- MGT-639 Strategic Leadership
- FIN-644 Budgeting & Financial Resource Management
- MGT-5XX Foundations and Governance in Sport Management
- MGT-5XX Sport Law
- MGT-5XX Ethics in Sport
- MGT-5XX Sport Marketing
- MGT-5XX Sport Communications
- MGT-5XX Sport Operations
- MGT-6XX Sport Management Applied
Program Learning Outcomes
Demonstrate specialized knowledge of and proficiency in the terminology, concepts, practices and skills specific to sport management. In accomplishing this objective, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the core disciplines of sport management, including management, marketing, facilities, operations and communications.
- Exhibit understanding of disciplines and issues related to the ethical and legal elements of sport management.
Applied Knowledge and Collaborative Learning
Exhibit competency in applying their knowledge to address real-life sport management problems through both individual and group effort. At the end of this program, students will be able to:
- Successfully use skills and competencies to demonstrate proficiency in sport event planning/management.
- Apply and evaluate principles of interpersonal communication, mass communications and public relations as they are related to sport organizations.
- Apply fundamental marketing concepts to the sport industry, and the unique aspects of sport, its consumers and sport product markets.
Demonstrate their ability to integrate traditional and normative skills expected of students in the liberal arts tradition, including analytical skills, information literacy, quantitative competency and communication fluency.
Civic & Global Engagement
Demonstrate intercultural competence in addressing civic, social, environmental and economic issues within sport management.
Biblical Worldview Integration and Action
Articulate a Christ-centered worldview to include its personal, professional and communal embodiment through Christian virtues.
Graduate degrees are in high demand by employers of all industries. Cornerstone’s graduate degrees are available fully online and can be taken at your own pace. Explore more of the graduate programs we offer and discover how you can gain the skills you need to stand out in your organization.
Master of Business Administration
Anchor your career growth in core business disciplines as you add value to your organization and reach your potential.
M.A. in Organizational Leadership
Advance your leadership potential with effective management theories and frameworks you can apply in your work and organization as an influencer of character.
MON - FRI: 8 a.m. - 5. p.m.
SAT & SUN: Closed