Our world needs Christ-centered educators. A major in integrated science education prepares you as a highly qualified teacher with the knowledge, skills and Christian character to be a servant leader who influences your world for Jesus Christ.
Qualities for Career Success
Cornerstone University's academic programs reflect our commitment to develop your knowledge, skills and attitudes in five distinct yet interconnected areas: specialized knowledge, applied knowledge and collaborative learning, intellectual skills, civic and global learning and biblical worldview integration.
This means that successful completion of our Bachelor of Arts in Integrated Science Education degree program equips you to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of and proficiency in the terminology, theories, concepts, practices and skills specific to the field of education.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and proficiency in discipline specific pedagogy.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of educational theory.
- Develop a specialized knowledge of diverse learners.
- Exhibit competency in applying your knowledge in instructional planning, classroom management and soft skills in a classroom setting.
- Plan and implement learning experiences that accommodate and meet the needs of diverse learners.
- Demonstrate effective implementation of instructional theory and pedagogy.
- Assess students' current competency of knowledge and skills.
- Demonstrate your ability to integrate both traditional and non-traditional cognitive skills, including analytical inquiry, information literacy, quantitative fluency and communicative fluency.
- Demonstrate intercultural competence in addressing civic, social, environmental and economic issues.
- Articulate a Christ-centered worldview and its personal, professional and communal embodiment through Christian virtues.