Our world needs Christ-centered influencers, professionals and musicians. A major in music is designed for you to combine music with some other discipline (e.g., music and business) or to pursue private applied teaching at the elementary through intermediate levels.
Qualities for Career Success
Cornerstone University's academic programs reflect our commitment to develop your knowledge, skills and attitudes in five distinct yet interconnected areas: specialized knowledge, applied knowledge and collaborative learning, intellectual skills, civic and global learning and biblical worldview integration.
This means that successful completion of our Bachelor of Arts in Music degree program equips you to:
- Demonstrate a broad knowledge of musical form, function and performance.
- Understand basic musicianship skills.
- Demonstrate sufficient understanding and capability of form and analysis.
- Place music in historical and cultural context.
- Demonstrate rudimentary capacity for composition and improvisation.
- Possess instrumental and/or vocal competency to perform individually and collaboratively.
- Demonstrate technical skills requisite for artistic expression.
- Understand repertory and ability to perform cross section of it.
- Demonstrate ability to sight reading with fluency.
- Demonstrate keyboard competency.
- Demonstrate collaborative competence through ensemble experience.
- Demonstrate your ability to integrate both traditional and non-traditional cognitive skills, including analytical inquiry, information literacy, quantitative fluency and communicative fluency.
- Demonstrate intercultural competence in addressing civic, social, environmental and economic issues.
- Articulate a Christ-centered worldview and its personal, professional and communal embodiment through Christian virtues.