M.S. in Human Resource LeadershipManage Teams
Master of Science in Human Resource Leadership
A Master of Science in human resource leadership from Cornerstone University gives you a competitive edge as a manager of diverse employees in today’s workforce. This 36-credit master’s program provides you with additional tools to navigate the world of human resources, focusing on strategy, organizational development, change management, analytics and more. Become more confident in your ability to lead and in your potential to influence the workplace for Christ.
Not yet accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Master of Science
Excel as a Leader in
Human resource professionals are sought after across the country, and they must be able to adapt to a constantly changing work environment. Through this program, you can expect to:
- Gain skill and understanding of the role of human resources in organizations of all sizes.
- Become confident in the ethical, legal and regulatory elements of managing employees.
- Learn to solve problems quickly, build competent teams and attract top talent.
- Grow in your calling to connect people to their dream jobs and seamlessly manage teams.
- A completed bachelor’s degree with a minimum 2.7 GPA from an accredited institution
- Official college and/or military transcripts
- International Students: TOEFL or IELTS score
Next Program Start Date
At Cornerstone, you’ll move through your degree by taking one to two courses per session through our flexible term-based model. Each session is seven weeks.
Classes start on May 8 and July 5, 2023
Classes start on Aug. 30 and Oct. 25, 2023
Classes start on Jan. 16 and Mar. 13, 2024
Of students work full time while pursuing a degree.
Graduation rate for master’s degree programs.
Each course is seven weeks.
Course List and
Apart from learning valuable skills necessary for human resource management, you’ll also have the opportunity to put them into practice through an experiential capstone. You’ll witness the day-to-day of change management and measure its outcomes.
- IDS-5XX Introduction to Graduate Studies
- BUS-505 Research Methods
- MGT-542 Organizational Decision-Making
- MGT-639 Strategic Leadership
- FIN-644 Budgeting & Financial Resource Management
- MGT-638 Human Resource Leadership
- MGT-531 Organizational Behavior and Change
- MGT-640 Employee Development and Performance Management
- MGT-536 Managing and Maximizing Diversity
- MGT-5XX Organizational Culture & Values
- MGT-6XX Human Resource Analytics
- MGT-6XX Organizational Consulting
Program Learning Outcomes
Demonstrate specialized knowledge of and proficiency in the terminology, concepts, practices and skills specific to human resources. In accomplishing this objective, students will be able to:
- Synthesize human resource theories, concepts and research that apply to the work of human resource leaders in modern organizations.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the core human resources disciplines, along with strategy, organizational development, change management, talent management and data analytics.
- Exhibit understanding of concepts and issues related to the ethical, legal and regulatory elements of human resources.
Applied Knowledge and Collaborative Learning
Exhibit competency in applying their knowledge to address real-life human resources problems through both individual and group effort. At the end of this program, students will be able to:
- Successfully use skills and competencies to demonstrate proficiency in organizational consulting and human resource centered data analytics.
- Collaborate with others in applying and evaluating strategic approaches to human resources leadership challenges.
Demonstrate their ability to integrate traditional and normative skills expected of students in the liberal arts tradition, including analytical skills, information literacy, quantitative competency and communication fluency.
Civic & Global Engagement
Demonstrate intercultural competence in addressing civic, social, environmental and economic issues within human resources.
Biblical Worldview Integration and Action
Articulate a Christ-centered worldview to include its personal, professional and communal embodiment through Christian virtues.
Graduate degrees are in high demand by employers of all industries. Cornerstone’s graduate degrees are available fully online and can be taken at your own pace. Explore more of the graduate programs we offer and discover how you can gain the skills you need to stand out in your organization.
Master of Business Administration
Anchor your career growth in core business disciplines as you add value to your organization and reach your potential.
M.A. in Organizational Leadership
Advance your leadership potential with effective management theories and frameworks you can apply in your work and organization as an influencer of character.
M.A. in Design Thinking & Innovation
Cultivate new ideas and opportunities and develop practical solutions to lead and empower your teams.
MON - FRI: 8 a.m. - 5. p.m.
SAT & SUN: Closed