Dr. Gombis is a member of the Society of Biblical Literature, Tyndale Fellowship and the Institute for Biblical Research. His research interests include the Gospel of Mark, Paul's letters and theology and encounters between biblical theology and contemporary culture and politics.
In his spare time, he enjoys hiking, golf, following the Chicago Cubs and reading about ancient Greek and Roman history.
- The Drama of Ephesians: Participating in the Triumph of God. Downers Grove, IL: IVP Academic. 2010.
- Paul: A Guide for the Perplexed. New York, NY: Bloomsbury T&T Clark International. 2010.
Select Chapters and Articles
- "Paul," in The T&T Clark Companion to the Doctrine of Sin, edited by Keith L. Johnson and David Lauber (London: T&T Clark, 2016).
- "Participation in the New Creation People of God in Christ by the Spirit," in The Apostle Paul and the Christian Life: Ethical and Missional Implications of the New Perspective, edited by Scot McKnight and Joe Modica (Grand Rapids: Baker Academic, 2016).
- "The Political Vision of the Apostle to the Nations," in Christian Political Witness, edited by George Kalantzis and Gregory E. Lee (Downers Grove, IL: IVP Academic, 2014).
- "Arguing with Scripture in Galatia: Galatians 3:10-14 as a Series of Ad Hoc Arguments," in Galatians and Christian Theology: Justification, the Gospel, and Ethics in Paul's Letter, edited by N. T. Wright, Scott Hafemann, and Mark Elliott (Grand Rapids: Baker Academic, 2014).
- "The 'Transgressor' and the 'Curse of the Law': The Logic of Paul's Argument in Galatians 2-3," New Testament Studies 1 (2007): 81-93.
- "Cosmic Lordship and Divine Gift-Giving: Psalm 68 in Ephesians 4:8," Novum Testamentum 47 (2005): 367-80.
- "Ephesians 2 as a Narrative of Divine Warfare," Journal for the Study of the New Testament 4 (2004): 403-18.
- Ph.D., University of St. Andrews
- Th.M., The Master's Seminary
- M.Div., The Master's Seminary
- B.S., Liberty University